Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Feeding your addiction
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the new Delerium T build finished late last week, couple of good rides on it already. Broke it in properly by making the maiden voyage one of the techiest rides in the area (and at night with lights). The ride quality is absolutely amazing, incredibly solid and confidence inspiring in the rough stuff, stiffest rear end of any 6"-7" bike I've ridden, and very supple in the first part of it's travel but with nice ramp up toward the end. I'm blown away by how well this bike pedals, very minimal bob from pedaling but soaks up every little ripple in the trail. Weight for this build is 37lbs. Frame is heavy, but if you're looking for superb strength/stiffness and a bike that pedals well but can handle some big drops too, then it's definitely worth a look.

Larry
Mountain High Cyclery
[email protected]

Attachments

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Larry...that bike looks killer!

who cares about the weight.....when El Beastro gets his new bike, you will still have 100 lbs less to lug around even with your 10 lb+ frame :)

·
I don't do PC
7,401 Posts
Beautiful, love the red touches with the frame, the levers and wheels are sooooo cool :)

·
Bodhisattva
10,843 Posts
FoShizzle said:
Larry...that bike looks killer!

who cares about the weight.....when El Beastro gets his new bike, you will still have 100 lbs less to lug around even with your 10 lb+ frame :)
Ohhhhhhhhhh..............I feel a beating coming on

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
The red looks sweet built up--especially with all of your red parts and the red stickers on the fork. I need to get up your way sometime soon for a Knolly reunion ride!

·
Bodhisattva
10,843 Posts
kristian said:
The red looks sweet built up--especially with all of your red parts and the red stickers on the fork. I need to get up your way sometime soon for a Knolly reunion ride!
K,
I'm trying to organize a ride up Crosier this Sat or Sun. It's definitely Delerium-worthy.
Let me know if you're intersted and let yer sidekick RR know too.
I could do either Sat or Sun with enough notice.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Very nice! I dig the red. With that steep seat tube angle you might want to contact Wayne and have him make the modifications to your GD to be able to run it backwards.

·
Feeding your addiction
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
CrashTheDOG said:
Very nice! I dig the red. With that steep seat tube angle you might want to contact Wayne and have him make the modifications to your GD to be able to run it backwards.
Yeah, the Gravity Dropper is coming off today, at least until I can talk to Wayne about doing some customization to one for this bike. It doesn't work with the seat angle without mods, and I'm concerned about the strength at that angle as well.

Larry

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
The Squeaky Wheel said:
K,
I'm trying to organize a ride up Crosier this Sat or Sun. It's definitely Delerium-worthy.
Let me know if you're intersted and let yer sidekick RR know too.
I could do either Sat or Sun with enough notice.
Can I have a rain check? I would love to do that ride sometime, but I am planning on sticking around the Springs next weekend since I'm heading to Moab the following week.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
that's purdy hot Larry. Congrats with the new bike....did you build this up as an all purpose mountain bike or a shuttle bike ?

later, Chad

·
Registered
83 Posts
sweet ride man, way jealous over here!!!!!!

·
long standing member
3,095 Posts
Ventanarama said:
Got the new Delerium T build finished late last week...
Oooh, so nice. If I could afford one I'd own one, definitely. 37lbs isn't too bad, that's probably lighter than my RFX is going to end up at.

It certainly makes a positive statement for the quality of Industry Nine wheels when you ride those instead of your own hand-built wheels. And the red frame/spokes/lever blades/fork & rim graphics look ridiculously good. Although a black Zoke fork (with red graphics) and a Rocco out back would really complete that look. :p ;)

Have fun (and more ride reports if you have time). :thumbsup:

Patrick

·
thats right living legend
6,360 Posts
PCinSC said:
Oooh, so nice. If I could afford one I'd own one, definitely. 37lbs isn't too bad, that's probably lighter than my RFX is going to end up at.

It certainly makes a positive statement for the quality of Industry Nine wheels when you ride those instead of your own hand-built wheels. And the red frame/spokes/lever blades/fork & rim graphics look ridiculously good. Although a black Zoke fork (with red graphics) and a Rocco out back would really complete that look. :p ;)

Have fun (and more ride reports if you have time). :thumbsup:

Patrick
More like the red spokes that are hard to resist, I suspect? :thumbsup:

·
Feeding your addiction
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
nwmtb said:
that's purdy hot Larry. Congrats with the new bike....did you build this up as an all purpose mountain bike or a shuttle bike ?

later, Chad
Well, the plan has been to sell the Bruja and build one heavier and one lighter (ordered an El Ciclon yesterday). Not much shuttle stuff around here, most rides have a lot of climbing, and I don't have the time to make it up to the ski area stuff much. The Knolly is definitely overkill for the stuff I'm doing, and heavier than expected, but I LOVE the way it rides. I'll give it a couple months and see how it goes, if I decide I don't want the extra weight then I'll sell it, get a Terremoto, and then maybe re-evaluate the bike collection when the Endorphin comes out.

Larry
Mountain High Cyclery
[email protected]

·
Displaying UGI Symptoms
184 Posts
Sweet Ride!

Congrats Larry - that bike looks like a ton of fun! Awesome build! Hey how come that shock is not pushed yet? ;) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
234 Posts
:thumbsup: Bike looks like a killer, but I got to Honest, loose the suspention seat post and add a Tompson post for the added kill. CHEERS LOPEZ

·
Feeding your addiction
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
lopez test pilot said:
:thumbsup: Bike looks like a killer, but I got to Honest, loose the suspention seat post and add a Tompson post for the added kill. CHEERS LOPEZ
It's not a suspension post, it's a Gravity Dropper. It's actually off now though, I have a Thomson on there but only because the severe seattube angle doesn't work well with the GD.

Larry

1 - 20 of 23 Posts