Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14,836 Posts
Thanks for the blog post. It's a good reminder to consider what will happen if you get hurt.

The #1 thing in my mental First Aid kit is to ride according to the ease of accessing medical help on the ride. Front country riding with a big group I'd take more chances than a backcountry epic with 1 buddy. Solo riding I drop the aggression level compared to riding with friends.

I'd also lump paying attention to bike maintenance, skills development and just general awareness of how on top of your game you are on any given ride in this preventive mindset as well.

Of course some occasions when you need medical help are just random or out of your control, but most injury crashes I've observed could have been avoided. Not getting hurt beats having the appropriate F/A kit and skills every time.

·
Robertson
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the blog post. It's a good reminder to consider what will happen if you get hurt.

The #1 thing in my mental First Aid kit is to ride according to the ease of accessing medical help on the ride. Front country riding with a big group I'd take more chances than a backcountry epic with 1 buddy. Solo riding I drop the aggression level compared to riding with friends.

I'd also lump paying attention to bike maintenance, skills development and just general awareness of how on top of your game you are on any given ride in this preventive mindset as well.

Of course some occasions when you need medical help are just random or out of your control, but most injury crashes I've observed could have been avoided. Not getting hurt beats having the appropriate F/A kit and skills every time.
So true! I also dial things back when out solo, most of my bigger crashes in retrospect were just being stupid.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.