Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
pedal up
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there are two reasons why i place this post:

#1 = KNOLLY Bikes simply deserve PRAISE.

http://knollybikes.com/

i've been looking for a serious AM/FR bike and the 2010 Delirium is simply it. this is that mythical "One Bike" that'll do it all... AM muscle - FR fantasy - BP ready 'n able.

and then there's Lord Noel himself... local boy turned God of all that is Engineered, Founder and CEO... this seriously good guy comes out to Different Bikes on a Sat morning to let me throw a leg over his personal 2010 Delirium Lrg to try it on for size. above and beyond. this company deserves all its praise and support.

(which brings me to...)

#2 = i'm a size XL and before Knolly can do an XL production run a handful more serious XL preorders need be found. so convince all your tall, skinny, gangly, huge friends to get with this necessary program. (please).

XS,S,M,L,XL... it matters not spread the word... let's start @#$% i don't know... a facebook campaign... a righteous crusade... a zealous cry to all who need know...

Knolly Bikes are it. and it doesn't get any better.

(go ahead and google 'em. or simply check out this thread and you know you need look no further for all you mtn bike needs).

http://www.mtbr.com/cat/bikes/allmtn-full-suspension/knolly/delirium-t/PRD_413187_1547crx.aspx

cheers,
Todd

·
I'm more of a dog person
864 Posts
biobike said:
no, not spam serious enthusiast... and trying to get the bike i need as soon as possible.

thanks for your consideration.
the bike you "need" or the bike you "want"? i think most people are aware of Knolly bikes. Yes they are a good company that makes nice bikes. We get it. You don't need to go overboard and worship Noel as a "God" just because he makes the bike that you like. There are plenty of other great manufacturers out there that do all the same crap that you mentioned. If the market demands it, Noel will make the appropriate sizes. You spaming the board in hopes of driving up the demand for a certain size of a certain bike is just foolish.

·
pedal up
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fatheR please forgive me...

ok, ok... i'm really really sorry for my child-like (or maybe even childish) excitement. i atone and beg collective forgiveness.

(in an attempt to mingle with this crowd let me edit out all the frilly prose and try to be more down tempo street cool) ...

take2... hey, i'm looking to get a 2010 Knolly Delirium XL. problem being the XL frame size wont hit production until a few more preorders hit the desk. waiting till midsummer/fall to get my bike would suck. :madman:

if anyone knows any-other-tall-mother's looking for a bike of this calibre... be great if you'd point them towards the Delirium's merits.

(i know there are some great alternative rides but in my mind)...
no other bike compares,
appreciated,

Todd

http://www.mtbr.com/cat/bikes/allmtn...7_1547crx.aspx

·
Registered
2 Posts
Right on brother

biobike said:
there are two reasons why i place this post:

#1 = KNOLLY Bikes simply deserve PRAISE.

http://knollybikes.com/

i've been looking for a serious AM/FR bike and the 2010 Delirium is simply it. this is that mythical "One Bike" that'll do it all... AM muscle - FR fantasy - BP ready 'n able.

and then there's Lord Noel himself... local boy turned God of all that is Engineered, Founder and CEO... this seriously good guy comes out to Different Bikes on a Sat morning to let me throw a leg over his personal 2010 Delirium Lrg to try it on for size. above and beyond. this company deserves all its praise and support.

(which brings me to...)

#2 = i'm a size XL and before Knolly can do an XL production run a handful more serious XL preorders need be found. so convince all your tall, skinny, gangly, huge friends to get with this necessary program. (please).

XS,S,M,L,XL... it matters not spread the word... let's start @#$% i don't know... a facebook campaign... a righteous crusade... a zealous cry to all who need know...

Knolly Bikes are it. and it doesn't get any better.

(go ahead and google 'em. or simply check out this thread and you know you need look no further for all you mtn bike needs).

http://www.mtbr.com/cat/bikes/allmtn-full-suspension/knolly/delirium-t/PRD_413187_1547crx.aspx

cheers,
Todd
That is absolutely perfect. I have a DT and it's the absolute bomb. Of all 20 or so high end bikes i've owned, this wins hands down!

·
pedal up
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
kind human beings (need only apply)...

thanks for your support... my (obvious) over-the-top praise of Knolly met with much mob-mentality-bomb-dropping-banter. my feelings were very hurt.

i've recovered and once again will sound forth...

!!! KNOLLY's RULE !!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Knolly

You're welcome Todd
I didn't read the whole thread before, I just saw your post.

I really think it's rubbish you posting your comment and all these other people jumping on and moaning about you. Come on, it's not spam, just somebody raving about Knolly bikes.

OR, is mtbr.com just for the masses and doesn't support individual opinions? Ridiculous.

Although I know Noel isn't a god, he is a top guy. I bought my Delirium T when in Whistler while I was doing my travel thing. I was struggling to set up the air shock so it didn't bottom out all the time, so an email to Knolly had Noel replying within a couple of hours, with set up tips and an offer to nip down to Vancouver to have some personal tweaking done by them. Now that's service.

Two months later, I was in California and a cross country ride (yep, XC) saw me crack the top tube/seattube brace weld. I email Knolly Bikes and no kidding, 20 minutes later, Noel had contacted a stockist in Colorado to arrange them sending me a new frame. It was with me within 36 hours! Noel asked me to swap the main triangle and send the damaged triangle and new swingarm back to him, all shipping charges reimbursed. Noel told me I was the first person to ever snap/break a knolly outside of prototype/production stage. Turns out, the tube had been milled off centre and it wasn't the design.
What other manufacturer would send you out a new frame to an unconfirmed address without deposit before seeing the damaged frame in the flesh (I did send photos). Bloody fantastic. Specialized bikes are known to have the best warranty in the business over here in the UK and they typically are fantastic, but Knolly Bikes beat them hands down and I'd say there was a huge difference in the size of the company.

I'm not going to go into the performance of the bike (other than it's hands down better than my Santa Cruz/Foes/Giant/FSR and a myriad of other bikes, in terms of strength, enjoyment, quality etc), but it truly is a dream.

That was all for you lemon heads out there who enjoy reading posts that anger you.

·
Perpetual Hack
2,193 Posts
Same thing with me.

Cracked my mark 4 DT at the same place.
New front and rear triangle shipped out the next day.
Swapped the hardware and sent the old frame back at no charge to me.

How many companies would send you a new frame without seeing or having the broken one in hand?

Seriously impressed - again.

michael

·
Registered
10,052 Posts
yeah, some of you guys came off like dicks! was kinda a cheesy post, but it came off playful to me.. eh whatever, its winter-angry-posting-season :lol:

the endorphin gives me a tingle in my pants.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
One Pivot said:
yeah, some of you guys came off like dicks! was kinda a cheesy post, but it came off playful to me.. eh whatever, its winter-angry-posting-season :lol:

the endorphin gives me a tingle in my pants.
Amen brotha!

It's so easy for people to be dicks online while sitting behind their computer screens.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.