Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that my knock block has some "slack in it " when it hit the stop of you push it is till rotate a few more degrees,
I took the stem look and looked at it, Discovered there is a little "dead" room, slack , in teach of the spacers.

I can replace the set for like 30 bucks

but is there a knock block spacer that is 1 piece at the height of 3 of them. (30mm)
it would be more logical to use a single spacer and eliminate the 3 sets of slots which produce the slack.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I noticed that my knock block has some "slack in it " when it hit the stop of you push it is till rotate a few more degrees,
I took the stem look and looked at it, Discovered there is a little "dead" room, slack , in teach of the spacers.

I can replace the set for like 30 bucks

but is there a knock block spacer that is 1 piece at the height of 3 of them. (30mm)
it would be more logical to use a single spacer and eliminate the 3 sets of slots which produce the slack.
Pretty sure the knock block is supposed to rotate slightly after hitting the "stop." Wolftooth makes knock block spacers that are 10mm, I haven't found anything greater than 10mm yet.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had to take mine down to grease the head set , and spacers they had some clicking / cracking sound ,, grease fixed that.
Thanks for insight I did not know how close the tolerances were on them, I might just machine one on my CNC a one piece.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.