Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys-

Searched around but didn't find a lot on this. Anyone run the adapter that lets you use your own stem and gets rid of the knock block system? What happens if you crash? Does it void warranty if you use the adapter if the frame gets hit/broken?

Been thinking about getting one for ease of use with a tailgate pad as well as having the freedom to run any stem I want. But if it's a bad idea and can void a warranty I might not. Any insight appreciated.

·
Registered
273 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Have one on my 2018 Remedy, which is about to be migrated to a 2019 Remedy and used it since August 2018, never given me one ounce of trouble. I run it with a Truvativ Descendant 35mm stem, and have never had the adaptor move. Granted I’ve never had a full blown crash on it (not exactly planning too either) but despite heaps of riding around my local trails, and two trips to New Zealand’s bike parks, it’s never creaked or come free when the bars have swung round. It’s an offical trek part so I doubt it will void your warranty should it come loose. Do remember that even using the knock block stems, the system still relies on the frame chip, which if the crash is hard enough it will break the chip and impact the downtime protector anyway

Only fault of the adaptor, bloody thing cost $60 Australian Dollars.
, but ehh I’d rather have the adaptor than not

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.