Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
inner peace to make peace
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
knobby grippy xc front tire?
please suggest a new tire, 2.1" to 2.5", (and vendor) for me, as my current favorate tire, "Claw Comp Lite," is no longer being made by IRC. I'd like a high air volume tire that's grippy on rocks, drop-offs, and in mud while keeping the gram count lower.
i ride a cromalloy steel hardtail with 8" Mono M4 disk and 5" Z1 ETA fork. my favorate trail is the Dowiveille's Butchers Creek.
thanks

·
Just Grin and HUCK it...
855 Posts
I have a Kenda Blue Groove 2.35 Stick-E on the front of my spot and it works real well for So Cal conditions. The thing hooks up on anything/everything. Weight is advertised at 780 gr. Rolls pretty well too.
I'm going to be trying the Kenda Karma 2.20 Stick-E when it comes out in May/June '05. At 580 gr, it's real light, and if it hooks up anything like the 2.0 I'm running on the rear right now, it'll be awesome.

·
inner peace to make peace
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes, that'll do

shiggy said:
Would this one do?

2005 IRC Freedomcross V-Claw 2.10/2.35
https://www.irctire.com/tires/v_claw.html
2005 IRC Freedomcross V-Claw 2.35 would do...and thanks for that link https://www.irctire.com/tires which lead me to look at thier 2.5" "Freedomcross Trailbear" 780 grams, which may do also.

appears that IRC re-named my old favorate tire as "Freedomcross Claw Comp" (and raised the price..i used to pay $25 at my LBS.

i prefer to buy from LBSs

·
Alpine Rider (Italy)
284 Posts
TrailNut said:
appears that IRC re-named my old favorate tire as "Freedomcross Claw Comp"
very old, i think one of the older patterns available today.
i'm sure it was already on the market ten years ago (also rebranded by Yeti). a very good rear tire for my first front, when 50mm were a huge travel for a fork :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.