Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am Anybody have the Fox Launch shorty knee shin guards? Sizing only shows one size fits all but what I am keen to know is the length of the shin guard and specifically if it will protect against the pedals (flats with studs) messing up my shins?

Reason why I am considering the shorter version is I worry the full length is too long for me (even the small/medium size) but maybe the shorter version will offer enough protection given my height? I am 5.5ft (165cm) with a shin length of 30cm (11.8inches) measured from the bottom of my knee cap to the top of my foot.

Thanks!

·
DynoDon
1,666 Posts
you can go to some motorcycle/motocross shops that have Fox stuff in stock, and try them on, thats where I picked up some Fox Titans shin guards for $17.00 and they are short.. best to try them on though.. good luck

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No clue where would stock Fox guards in Switzerland so ordering online. Will try find somewhere but if anyone on the forum knows general sizes, would be helpful! Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the fox launch shorty pads. The protection was fine but I found they slid down on my legs more than the full length ones.

I now run the fox knee sleeves with moto guards tucked in and they don't go anywhere.

Also, my wife has the TLD Lopes setup which Is similar to what I run and would be a good length for you

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
I am 5'5.5" with a 30 inch inseam. The lizard skins knee shin combo are too long. They dig into the front of my ankles when pedalling. Ive resorted to knee only pads.

·
Registered
436 Posts
toast33 said:
This chart is useless. It does not say how long the shin guard is. The pair I ordered fits my legs and runs into the top of my foot. No good. I had not seen the shorty version and I bet its sizing chart is just as bad for length. I will probably have to cut mine somehow to shorten them, then you run into the lower strap that is right there.
So it goes when u order online.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts