Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have some knee/shin guards (Rock Garden, I think) but they keep sliding down and become worthless after 5 minutes, regardless of how tight I strap them. Are there any light ones you guys use that are designed to stay on the legs better and are comfortable? I prefer to use the light ones that at least protect the knee, if not the knee and shin. I'll keep looking but any personal experiences/recommendations would be really helpful in avoiding another worthless purchase. Thanks!!

·
Groveland Trail Heads
1,897 Posts
Flyer said:
I currently have some knee/shin guards (Rock Garden, I think) but they keep sliding down and become worthless after 5 minutes, regardless of how tight I strap them. Are there any light ones you guys use that are designed to stay on the legs better and are comfortable? I prefer to use the light ones that at least protect the knee, if not the knee and shin. I'll keep looking but any personal experiences/recommendations would be really helpful in avoiding another worthless purchase. Thanks!!
I was amazed at the cost of shin/knee guards for mtn. biking then I was in a Big 5 Sporting Goods store and saw shin/ knee guards for soccer. Wow! what a price difference... I got shin guards for $5 and some thin forearm/elbow guards(that work as arm warmers on cold rides)for another $6 :eek: They also had a huge selection so I could find exactly what I wanted. I have not had any problems with either slipping off or coming loose.

·
Registered
9,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm..soccer guards are actually pretty strong and light. They also tend to not slip as much. I'll have to go by a few sporting good stores. Thanks for this tip.

·
ss poser
406 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts