Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
over 50 years of cycling
533 Posts
Would that be these?
http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/Pads/product_124503.shtml

If you want a more custom tailored review, you need to give more details about your style of riding and planned use of the pads.

Roach/RaceFace Rally FR have a strong following for an all around pad system.
If you just want something minimalist you might just need the Troy Lee T-bones or 661 Kyle straits.

It depends....

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I have the Roach FR guards and love 'em. They are hot in the FL summers , but the rest of the year I forget I have them on. My friends 661 race pads have moved in a crash and he still got worked; not as bad if he didn't have pads, but what the hell. I have had quite a few bad crashes with my roach pads and the NEVER move. good protection not bad to peddle in either

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Twisted Trail said:
Would that be these?
http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/Pads/product_124503.shtml

If you want a more custom tailored review, you need to give more details about your style of riding and planned use of the pads.

Roach/RaceFace Rally FR have a strong following for an all around pad system.
If you just want something minimalist you might just need the Troy Lee T-bones or 661 Kyle straits.

It depends....
The once that I have in mind are a different model. I could not find any reviews for the LZMX. Just want the guards to give me a decent protection for a general All mountain/ cross country riding. Comfortable enough to ride in for a couple of hours (no slipping or sliding). Generous protection for when I crush.
Thanks

·
over 50 years of cycling
533 Posts

·
www.swampclub.org
439 Posts
Can I BUMP this thread?
I am looking for the lightest, coolest shin guards - that won't rotate on me. Comments please. Thanks in advance.

·
Purveyor of Trail Tales!
1,189 Posts
Dainese 3x Knee/Shin Guard!

anthonyi said:
Can I BUMP this thread?
I am looking for the lightest, coolest shin guards - that won't rotate on me. Comments please. Thanks in advance.
Hi anthonyi,

IMHO the best light weight, cool knee/shin or elbow/forearm guard is the Dainese 3x Knee/Shin Guard and the Dainese 3x Elbow/Forearm Guard. They will stay in place on multiple hits and they're light enough to wear in summer heat even on XC rides.:D Do a search as there are many threads with positive reviews of them on Mtbr.com. For FR/DH I also use and love both the RockGardn Landing Zone Knee pad and the Roach/Race Face Elbow guards.

Take care,

Michael:thumbsup:

·
Purveyor of Trail Tales!
1,189 Posts
anthonyi said:
I have read some reviews of the 3x. Thanks for confirming what I've read.

Does anyone know how they compare to the Rally FR knee/shin Armor from Roach?
Hi anthonyi,

I have both the Rally FR knee/shin Armor from Roach, the RockGardn Landing Zone Knee/Shin guards as well as the Dainese 3X. I use both the Roach/Race Face and the RockGardn for FR/DH and the Dainese only for XC rides. The Dainese is much lighter in construction and padding as well as smaller in coverage than either the Roach or the RockGardn and therefore offer less protection. I wouldn't feel comfortable using the Dainese in any kind of serious FR/DH application. Conversely the Dainese is cool enough that I wear them on hot summer time XC rides. All three knee pads are comfortable to pedal in and will stay on in multiple hits. However both the Roach/Race Face and the RockGardn are considerably hotter to wear than the Dainese. They're all excellent products. The choice comes down to both the kind and location of the riding you'll be doing. Of course YMMV!:D

Good luck,

Michael:thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.