Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im 38 but a pretty beat up 38. Like alot of you on this forum I was a very active, athletic kid growing up. Skateboarded a ton, bmx as well as every sport possible. Had a few arm/ shoulder surgeries in the past few years which has confined me mainly to sleeping on my side. Ive noticed that when I wake up sometimes I'm very achey in my knees and sometimes hip area. Tried using knee pillow but didnt seem to help. Not from training or riding since due to terrible weather I've only ridden a handful of times lately. Anyone else experience this?

·
It's about showing up.
12,738 Posts
I have an old skiing injury to my left knee which sometime hurts when I hyper-extend it lying on my back. I hang just my heel over the edge of the bed, allowing my leg to lie flat and it is better. I'm guessing you have tried every combination of position and have to accommodate your shoulder (where I also have injuries)s o maybe it is time for a new mattress or pillows?

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
6,693 Posts
go get lyme test done

·
fRIDEday makes me happy!
902 Posts
Yeah I have knee pain from sleeping. It seems to come and go but in the mornings they do feel like they were stretched the wrong way. Since going to PT to reduce the amount of chronic adhesions I have been feeling better in the knees in general and when sleeping. I also sleep in my side and I do think that has something to do with it. Tried pillows and other things which make a slight difference.

A lyme's test, huh. I do feel I understand why you said that but if you can give us a little more as to why you suggested that it would be appreciated.

·
I like pie.
585 Posts
I am only 64 and do sometimes have knee pain when I wake up. It goes away after a bit. I would not be too concerned, unless it doesn't go away,

Knee pain became a problem in my early 40s. Then I took up Mtn biking and after three months it was gone. A hard day of skiing will cause me to have stiff knees the next day for a bit.

But I assume you do bike, so Mtn biking is not going to make the pain go away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts