Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having trouble finding pads with shin guards.

they all just cover the knee. I really like my Oldy McOld knee pads because they are about 18 inches long, cover the knee and leg. Neer slipped a pedal yet, but I like the extra protection.

I'd just use my old pads, but they are starting to slip. I guess the spandex is starting to loosen up.

Anyway, I don't worry much about soft, hard, flex, etc. I just want knee and shin coverage and doesn't slip.

Any offerings like this? ideally purchasable at a local place rather than mail order?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I use a combo of the Leatt Airflex Pro knee pads along with Storelli Leg Guards. The leg guards are very thin compression sleeves with a pocket for a shin guard. It may seem like overkill to most. But, it doesn’t negatively affect my riding and makes me ride more confidently.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys so much!

I was looking for elbow pads too, and took your guys advice to help research a total solution.

Based on all the advice here, I focussed on Leatt, and got Leatt 3Df 6.0 Elbow Guards from Jensen, and they are going to work out great after these rains clear. Very satisfied with the purchase.

Also based on research from this thread and others, I was led to the Ion K-Pact Select Knee/Shin Guards, which I also ordered. 1 wk lead time so I haven't gotten them yet, but I have high hopes these will be my protective gear for the next 20 years of MTB! Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts