Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
Non-sequitur: make sure you're not allergic to the formulation of whatever rubber the gripper is made from. I break out with a rash from the silicone Garmin uses in their watch bands, but have no problems with the stuff on other cycling clothing.

·
Destroyer of Worlds
468 Posts
G-Forms are kinda small for their stated sizes, and not really adjustable. I have the same issues and I just went with Raceface knee pads with velcro straps. I'm at the end of the straps in XL, but at least it doesn't cut off my circulation.

BTW, Fox knee/shin pads only have up to size L and they aren't big enough. I wrote Fox an email about that and they actually responded. Maybe they'll come out with an XL next year?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I tried and returned several pads that were specifically supposed to be comfortable for larger thighs but were still way too tight/uncomfortable. In the end, the ones I have stuck with (and very happy with) are the 7idp Sam Hill.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I love my POC VPD Air knee pads. I don't have "thunder thighs", but being a woman means that my thighs are softer than most men's unless I'm actually flexing and my legs are shorter. Most knee pads go at least half way up my thighs and cause muffin top which I HATE! Try looking for knee pads that go to just above the knees and not up the thigh at all. I looked for a year and tried at least a dozen different knee pads before finding these ones. Super comfy, easy to pedal in, lots of protection, stay in place and no muffin top!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.