Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted in the clyde section but after thinking...this isn't really a clyde specific issue. So t post here too and see if that generates more views/responses....anyways....

After years of not using them...and this summer having several crashes resulting in a busted knee and last weekend a busted knee and shin...I guess it's time to start wearing them. Especially with Dirt Rag WV coming up...I know some of the terrain will be gnarly.

My leg is 24" around 4" above the knee and my calf is 19". I did try on an XL G-Form at the shop and no way...it actually ripped a little when I was trying to pull it on. Read a few recommendations for 7 iDP pads fitting but reading their sizing chart...it says measure 6" above the knee which puts me at 26" around that part of my thigh and the largest pad they have has a max size of 23".

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sadly i think you are going to have a very hard time finding something that fits, id personally start looking at the classic style knee\shin protectors that are all in 1 as id imagine those will be easier to fit into compared to a sleeve.

I have significantly smaller legs than you do and it took me way more digging than i expected to find a pair that fit me and I didn't have many choices. I also ended up in XXL, I'm not a xxl in anything cycling stuff is just sized for smaller folks.

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nah...not getting G-Forms. The 2 minutes I spent with them trying them on...the XL...I could tell that they were not a quality product. I mean I barely tugged on one to get it over my calf and it ripped.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.