Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Recovering couch patato
Joined
·
14,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Black S/M/L/XL : 10/29/10/5
Brown S/M/L/XL : 31/36/21/14

150 total or so right now? Let's see how long those last. Especially the XL's, as it seems like much less than the percentage in our recent sizing poll. Maybe there were more and they are just flying out. I'd love to have a brown XL to complement my green one.
 

·
Is it play time yet?
Joined
·
331 Posts
Cloxxki said:
Black S/M/L/XL : 10/29/10/5
Brown S/M/L/XL : 31/36/21/14

150 total or so right now? Let's see how long those last. Especially the XL's, as it seems like much less than the percentage in our recent sizing poll. Maybe there were more and they are just flying out. I'd love to have a brown XL to complement my green one.
In stock where?
 

·
SpoK Werks Handmade Goods
Joined
·
1,200 Posts
Hmmmm

A buddy of mine is attempting to get one through Quality. They were out, so now he's shooting for an On-One. Personally, that's what I'd go for in his situation too.

Found out last night, that a shop in K.C. is now carrying Niner bikes. I tried for years to get them to carry good/great quality bikes and now that I leave the country, they've got Niner. Damn the luck!
 

·
Recovering couch patato
Joined
·
14,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In stock at QBP, Quality Bicyle Products, mother company of Surly. If any shop needs to order a Surly, and doesn't know where, just find another shop. 90%+ of decent USA shops must have a QBP account, I'd guess?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
228 Posts
i'm itching to get a S Karate Monkey. Looks like I have better odds on the brown hehe

would you know if this stock is for 2006? Are they expecting more deliveries? plan to make my purchase March (I know, I know, am still building up my 29er war chest, and have to sell my FS frame...)

:)
 

·
No Reputation!
Joined
·
1,728 Posts
how do you know this?

Hey Cloxx, how do you know when QBP has this stuff in stock? I can't get very far on their website.
 

·
i heart singletrack
Joined
·
1,553 Posts
The QBP site...

... When you go to the page for the Karate Monkey, the quantity in-stock is the little green number on the left-hand side of the grid. They list quantities in-stock for each size and color. I was just out there, and it looks like the KMs QBP has in-stock are going quickly.

Good luck getting one!
MG
 

·
Recovering couch patato
Joined
·
14,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Black S/M/L/XL : 7/20/6/1
Brown S/M/L/XL : 27/21/17/10

Not flying out the door like the last times they were in stock. Because of more choices, or because people haven't been considering them as much as before, because they hardly were to be found?
 

·
Recovering couch patato
Joined
·
14,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Black S/M/L/XL : 2/17/0/0
Brown S/M/L/XL : 23/6/9/8

At this rate they'll be out of L's and XL's within 2 weeks, M's in a month (browns are flying out), S's a bit longer. You can wait, but the monkey won't :)
 

·
Recovering couch patato
Joined
·
14,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Black S/M/L/XL : 0/9/0/0
Brown S/M/L/XL : 18/1/6/0

XL's sold out first! Admittedly, not many were there when I first checked.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
228 Posts
thanks for the update :)

i was able to order a Black one, size S. via Hong Kong though (am in Manila), which arrived earlier this week.

only a matter of time before I am assimilated into the 29er cult hehe

Cloxxki said:
Black S/M/L/XL : 0/9/0/0
Brown S/M/L/XL : 18/1/6/0

XL's sold out first! Admittedly, not many were there when I first checked.
 

·
drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
Joined
·
3,910 Posts
CabRider said:
thanks for the update :)

i was able to order a Black one, size S. via Hong Kong though (am in Manila), which arrived earlier this week.

only a matter of time before I am assimilated into the 29er cult hehe
Awesome! You're gonna love it. It won't be long after when all your friends get one also after they see how much faster you'll go :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Stupid thread!!!

Drevil said:
Awesome! You're gonna love it. It won't be long after when all your friends get one also after they see how much faster you'll go :D
I finally made the jump this morning and ordered up a Med KM in the pearl coffee flavor! Jonathan from Family Bikes made the QBP order and I should have it by next Tuesday if all goes well. I guess that I'll be taking a little break from the fixed X-Check for now so that I can steal the wheels for the new monkey. :D

Thanks Drevil / OneGearGuy / Clox / steevo / Polk / MmG for the motivation to jump on the 29'er bus. I'll keep you posted on the build / rides as things transpire.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,598 Posts
l-dub1 said:
I finally made the jump this morning and ordered up a Med KM in the pearl coffee flavor! Jonathan from Family Bikes made the QBP order and I should have it by next Tuesday if all goes well. I guess that I'll be taking a little break from the fixed X-Check for now so that I can steal the wheels for the new monkey. :D

Thanks Drevil / OneGearGuy / Clox / steevo / Polk / MmG for the motivation to jump on the 29'er bus. I'll keep you posted on the build / rides as things transpire.
I provided motivation? how? However I did it, you are welcome! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Ha, ha...

MMcG said:
I provided motivation? how? However I did it, you are welcome! ;)
The "Whoo Hoo" thread got me stoked for a KM. After that it seemed like you were always checking out the KM and On One threads; which is exactly what I was doing! :D
I bounced around from a Unit-29 to an On One then back again to a KM. I've had so much fun on my X-Check that I had to go for the Surly.
 

·
drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
Joined
·
3,910 Posts
l-dub1 said:
The "Whoo Hoo" thread got me stoked for a KM. After that it seemed like you were always checking out the KM and On One threads; which is exactly what I was doing! :D
I bounced around from a Unit-29 to an On One then back again to a KM. I've had so much fun on my X-Check that I had to go for the Surly.
Jonathan's good people. If you are getting the chimp next tuesday, that means it'll be ready to roll by next weekend! Do I smell a Gambrill ride? :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Oh yeah!!!

Drevil said:
Jonathan's good people. If you are getting the chimp next tuesday, that means it'll be ready to roll by next weekend! Do I smell a Gambrill ride? :)
There's talk of a trip Saturday AM trip this week as well; one last time to ride my Jamis SS before it's parted out and stripped. Once the KM's built I'm sure that my mileage will double. Nothing like new bike psych to brush off the winter chill.
Jonathan's a good guy! Orders tons of crazy parts for me, takes me along for fixed gear adventures through peoples suburban back yards, and doesn't say much about my fixie induced trail gynastics. I just get an occasional "Maaaannnn... are you alright???"
:D
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top