Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where to get the KMC X10 SL chain in the US? I searched and could not find it. In addition, KMC's website doesn't even list the SL version.

Nino, you have this on your road bike, correct? I searched the archives but didn't see any mention of anyone actually owning the SL version. Has this chain actually been released?

Thanks,

-JD_OC

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
JD_OC said:
Does anyone know where to get the KMC X10 SL chain in the US? I searched and could not find it. In addition, KMC's website doesn't even list the SL version.

Nino, you have this on your road bike, correct? I searched the archives but didn't see any mention of anyone actually owning the SL version. Has this chain actually been released?

Thanks,

-JD_OC
i weighed it at Eurobike last september but they still aren't available. they were announced for march,then april...mine are ordered but i'm still on the regular X10 right now. the X9 SL is available.

weight for the X10 SL was 221g at 104 links.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can I ask how much you paid? I don't see that chain on Extralite's website, is it a new product?

-Jonas

Sonny said:
i got a 'HollowGold" from Extralite, which weight is 238g uncut. after fit to 42T(front) - 27T(rear) add one link. weight is 222g. i will count how many link it is. :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Probably a stupid question since you are looking for the chain and have checked that it's okay but can I use the KMC X10SL (10 speed) chain for my drivetrain (9 speed)? I have XTR M960 crankset (44-32-22) with a Dura Ace 12-27 cassette (9 speed) and Sram x.0 rear derailleur.

I thought the 10 speed chain was thinner and the 9 speed chainrings and cassette was too wide for this chain?

·
Velodramatic
533 Posts
i got the new KMC 10SL chain, which weighs 240 g uncut and 220 cut (42X27T). yes, it works with 9 speed drivetrains. just make sure you use 10sp. CAMPAGNOLO chains

G

·
KMC X9SL SuperLite...200g claimed

I held one in my hand at the LA Bike show and it was light! Didn't weigh it though. Coming out in a few months they said - approx. $50 MSRP in silver. We'll see...

·
Velodramatic
533 Posts
jakeplazma said:

Where did you get it?
i'm working for an austrian MTB mag, and i've just finished a superlight build for the 3/05 issue (race-ready 7,2 kg with only stock parts, no dremelling etc.)
i got the chain directly from KMC europe. the MSRP in austria is 75 euros! :eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.