Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
HMFIC
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know which of KMC's half-links are compatible with this chain? I'm guessing I could just use one of the x10 series half links that are 1/8", but hoping someone here has experience with this.

My SS has sliders, but I'm trying to set them up as far forward as possible to minimize effective chainstay length - hence the interest in a half-link.

·
Retro Grouch
2,091 Posts
No, that won't work..

SBK said:
Anybody know which of KMC's half-links are compatible with this chain? I'm guessing I could just use one of the x10 series half links that are 1/8", but hoping someone here has experience with this.

My SS has sliders, but I'm trying to set them up as far forward as possible to minimize effective chainstay length - hence the interest in a half-link.
The X10 series is a 10 speed chain and has a 6.2mm pin; there are no 1/8" x10's, perhaps you meant the S10, which is KMC's beach crusier chain. The pin length on your K710 is 9.4 mm; which is the ballpark of most KMC 1/8" chains. Use the KMC 1/8" half link and you should be alright.

http://home.earthlink.net/~kmcchain/english/

Brad

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just tried a half link on my sram single speed chain and it didn't work. I guess it works for the kmc chains only. I have been messing with it for a couple of hours and got fed up with it and so I made my ss chain work with the regular links. The back tire is kind of close to the frame but it works. I will have to ride it around and see how it holds up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts