Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to run my slider in the far forward position, but in order to accomplish this I'll need a 1/2 link.

I ordered a KMC 1/8" half link and it is ~.030 wider than the PC-1 (at the outer plates and the inner plates).

Is this OK? Or is there a better half link for the PC-1?

Thanks,

·
Registered
114 Posts
I agree w/ Tone No Balone - re: SRAM PC-58...

...In fact, I run the SRAM PC-58 w/ a KMC half-link on my Cove Hummer, w/ ENO eccentric hub in forward position. No problems. I've never really bought into the "PC-1" hype that SRAM promoted in its "singlespeed" chain. Try the PC-58...it's cheap and plenty durable, IMHO. Good luck!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, Sram 8 spd. I'll have to give that a try.

I noticed that Sram re-did there part numbers, is the PC-58 now the PC 850?

Also, what is the difference between the Sram 8 speed chains (PC-830, 850, 870, 890)? Their website kinda blows for info...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Harris Cyclery website (RIP Sheldon) says...

http://harriscyclery.net/itemdetails.cfm?id=722

SRAM/Sachs
PC-58 Chain--Replaced by the PC-870 (CH1030)
$21.95
Product Rating
(0 Reviews)
Write a Review

The chain formerly known as PC-58, has been re-numbered:

PC-870.

SRAM has re-done their model numbering system, replacing all of the two digit model numbers with 3 digit ones.​

Soooooo, that said, I think you should try and grab hold of the PC-870 if you cannot find any new old stock PC-58 at your LBS. I usually buy a half-dozen chains in the springtime, which typically holds me over for most of a year - sometimes more.

That's a little off topic from the original posting on the half-link, perhaps. I think that KMC has a killer little half-linky link - and I use 'em frequently.

Hope this helps! Happy New Year.

·
Registered
386 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.