Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
King Pin
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did an exhaustive search to no avail.....

Is there a CURE concerning the Reba's bits hitting the KM downtube?? Just installed a new Reba, and have bumped the DT twice now, before the first ride!

Running a simple "Aheadset" headset.

·
Powered by ice cream.
6,359 Posts
If you get a King headset, I can set you up with a lower Race made by Ventana that will allow you to clear it.

Good excuse to upgrade.:)

Or get a Cane Creek S3 Plus headset...the lower cup is 5mm longer. I actually might have one of those in the garage as well (the lower cup) if you have a Cane Creek HS you can install. Only comes in black. Don't know if it is compatible with the Aheadset.

You went squish? What's next freewheels and gears?

·
King Pin
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I was hoping you'd chime in Eric!

I have a King HS that can be pulled from the Vulture, that and the Ventana race will allow the necessary clearance??? Ed and I installed the sproinger today, and I didn't think there would be any major problems, but the downtube on the KM is already getting dinged up....and I haven't even ridden the bike yet! Damn.

Running 150/150 lbs currently, seems TOO squishy, although no bottoming out.....guess LESS negative air?

I have several ENO freewheels, and do tend to use 'em on occasion.....gears??? blahhhh....never again.

Enel said:
If you get a King headset, I can set you up with a lower Race made by Ventana that will allow you to clear it.

Good excuse to upgrade.:)

Or get a Cane Creek S3 Plus headset...the lower cup is 5mm longer. I actually might have one of those in the garage as well (the lower cup) if you have a Cane Creek HS you can install. Only comes in black. Don't know if it is compatible with the Aheadset.

You went squish? What's next freewheels and gears?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Jr.M said:
Hey folks!

Do you have any idea where to get those Ventana races in Europe? Or do I really have to order overseas.. :madman:

Cheers.
Jr. M I have a +7 Ventana race, PM me if you want it ( I didnt pay for it so all I would ask is you cover a few $$ for shipping)

·
Registered
128 Posts
There is also the ******* solution (what I did). Cut a couple inches of 1 1/2 inch ABS (or PVC) pipe, and carve it out so that it fits nicely around the fork tube and shields the lock/damper from the frame. A couple cable ties has held mine in place for well over a year now, and it has withstood many crashes.

It's not pretty, but it works.

xrmattaz said:
Is there a CURE concerning the Reba's bits hitting the KM downtube?? Just installed a new Reba, and have bumped the DT twice now, before the first ride!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.