Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got some hydro discs for my KM... i like how they stop but i'm not 100% pleased with how the lines run... anyone have pics or a good way of how they cleanly ran the hoses on your bike?

just wondering...

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
You have three options.
For the cleanest routing, drill out and/or file the cable stops on the top tube until the housing passes through. For hyrdos this will be difficult as the hoses have ends. You'll have to remove them or make a new line to get them to pass through.

The next option is to get some stop to full housing adapters. Such as
http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=202
or
http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=199&category=1606

Or just use the stick on.
http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=200

Your LBS should have both on hand. I used a combination of the latter.

·
Keep on Rockin...
6,473 Posts
Adaptors...

Get the stick-on guides. I think I'm using the Jagwire brand.

Straddle the bike. On the TT place one at 7:00 ,about 3-1/2" back from the HT. Place a second guide at 12:00 a few inches in front of the seat post. (Go back with it far enough that should your crotch hit the TT you won't snag. The adaptor should fall just about under the front tip of the nose of the saddle.) From that rearward adaptor run the line right to the left seatstay zip-tie mounts.

I suppose you could use stick on guides under the down tube which would give a nice look to the front triangle.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Verskis said:
Why is this any better than just zip-tying the hose?
they keep the hose/cable itself off the paint...

I've just gone back to my old mechanical setup... for now... i like the hydros... but i like being able to setup my levers for single finger better... and the cheap tektro hydro levers are to long to be able to do it with a narrowish riser bar...

in the short time I had my hydro's on there both the hose and the zip ties managed to mar the paint of my bike... not realy important as it gets ridden as it should... but it's one of those things that when I look I notice...

hydro's may go back on there... but have to wait to try out some high sweep bars (titec H and Mary) which requires longer shift cables... if the hydros end up staying i'll pick up the stick on guides.

·
Keep on Rockin...
6,473 Posts
Avid Single Digits...

donalson said:
they keep the hose/cable itself off the paint...

I've just gone back to my old mechanical setup... for now... i like the hydros... but i like being able to setup my levers for single finger better... and the cheap tektro hydro levers are to long to be able to do it with a narrowish riser bar...

in the short time I had my hydro's on there both the hose and the zip ties managed to mar the paint of my bike... not realy important as it gets ridden as it should... but it's one of those things that when I look I notice...

hydro's may go back on there... but have to wait to try out some high sweep bars (titec H and Mary) which requires longer shift cables... if the hydros end up staying i'll pick up the stick on guides.
Like the name says. They'll give you one finger braking with the Avid Mechs.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats what i have... just like the feel of the hydro's... but obviously the lever position rules out as i'm back to the mechanical setup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.