Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
BMW 2002, Dodge A100, etc
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a nice example of a Klein from 1993 with a custom order fade paint job. The bike is a Klein Rascal with a moonrise fade. I just got the bike off a girl who had it in storage. The frame is in good shape with only a couple scratches. One on the top tube where the drop bars came aroudn and hit the frame. I'm sure this happened to plenty of them. The bike has Bikes Plus stickers on it from Memphis, Tennessee. There's a sticker covering the scratch on the top tube where the bars hit. I'm thinking about touching up the spot, but it sorta adds 'petina' where the original owner caused the scratch and covered it. I put some riser bars on it so it wouldn't happen again. The bike doesn't have vintage parts, and the PO put Vbrakes on the back with cable ties that discolored the frame as well. Other than that the frame is in good shape and the color is nice. It rides and climbs well and is a good XC rig for here in florida where it's flat. Kind of a chicks bike, but not too much pink where I can't ride it some. It's a nice loaner for the ladies who like to ride....I'm thinking about puting a yellow Judy SL on it but I also have a early Judy XC that I might try to paint to match. The 1" steerer chrome Marzocchi A-Bomb works good though. Here's some pics ---> Anyone else have a moonrise Klein?

Also, how do you overhaul the BB. I think it is a pressed in Klein bottom bracket. It sounds a little grainy. I saw where you need special tools to do it. Do bike shops still overhaul these type of bottom brackets. It squeaks a little and I'd like to give it an overhaul.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts