Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
And thats exactly why I bought it :thumbsup: . The weirdest parts mix I've ever encountered just got to me, it obviously needed a home. Sram X0's, XT v-brakes, Mafac cantis, Cook Brothers cranks, etc..etc. The stem was custom made by Dave Wilson (checking on name, not sure if thats right :confused: )

I actually traded my Alan frame that was too big for me and some other road parts, both parties were happy campers. Better pics coming after it gets a bath, hopefully tomorrow :D . The frame and paint are in pretty good shape, not great but should look OK.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
stan4bikes said:
And thats exactly why I bought it :thumbsup: . The weirdest parts mix I've ever encountered just got to me, it obviously needed a home. Sram X0's, XT v-brakes, Mafac cantis, Cook Brothers cranks, etc..etc. The stem was custom made by Dave Wilson (checking on name, not sure if thats right :confused: )

I actually traded my Alan frame that was too big for me and some other road parts, both parties were happy campers. Better pics coming after it gets a bath, hopefully tomorrow :D . The frame and paint are in pretty good shape, not great but should look OK.

That stem and cable hanger are interesting, Do you have a front view? I would imagine you should start seeing some PM's any minute :p ;)

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
Yes, a very interesting stem. ;)

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
patineto said:
stan those front brakes are MRP "Grumpy's" really popular brakes for cyclocross bikes
I wasn't sure about those, thanx

crconsulting said:
I would imagine you should start seeing some PM's any minute
:D :D :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
We'll soon see how many Potts fans turn into Klein fans. ;)

·
He be a moose too.
2,164 Posts
It's a Pinnacle Elite that you have there. I have one myself. Basically it's a Pinnacle with the three color paint. The paint job is what gives it the "elite" part. The paint scheme is called backfire. I had a 1991 Attitude with that paint. I currently have a 1990 Pinnacle Elite, by definition in backfire, and a 1992 Attitude in backfire also.

mtb-kataloge has the two versions of the pinnacle in the 1990 Klein catalog.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
by request

someone ;) requested another "stem" view....gee, I wonder if it's popular or something :D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fillet-brazed said:
so did Dave Wilson make the stem? He is from Seattle...
That's what the seller told me, you've heard of him? Fill me in please...

·
VRC Illuminati
17,648 Posts
Nice pick up Stan, glad to see you landed that one.

Put some knobby tires and drop bars on it and give it a go in the dirt.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
another angle request..

glad to...and thax for your help :)

Attachments

·
Dumpster Diver
1,093 Posts
I would like that stem and cable hanger please.

·
McNears-DTB Schooner
496 Posts
very nice scope. I too need that stem. What is the clamp I.D. or stem post O.D.?

1 - 20 of 107 Posts