Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the tubing used on 1990-94 Klein Rascal is the same diameter as that used on the Attitude? I know the headtube was smaller (for 1" steerer), and I know the tubes were single butted and not double butted, with exception to the headtube which was double. I seem to recall that the Adroit's downtube was 2" and the Attitude was 1 7/8", but what was the Rascal's size? Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
You are correct for 1990-93 the tubing is the same on Rascal and Attitude, head tube is different. In 1994 with the introduction of the Pulse there was new tubing, micro dropouts and welding style on the Pulse, Attitude and Adroit but the Rascal kept the old tubing and dropouts.

·
artistic...
7,594 Posts
You are correct for 1990-93 the tubing is the same on Rascal and Attitude, head tube is different. In 1994 with the introduction of the Pulse there was new tubing, micro dropouts and welding style on the Pulse, Attitude and Adroit but the Rascal kept the old tubing and dropouts.
I my eyes, the Rascal w/ it´s standard fork is the real deal.

·
He be a moose too.
2,161 Posts
I'm not sure about the tubes being single butted. The 89-93 models used a 6061 series Al and 94-96 was a 9000 series, 9370?, I think.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts