Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Dumpster Diver
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a guy in Manchester, New Hampshire trying to auction this bike off. I know the man who owns this bike and he lives in Concord, California. I got in touch with him today and he's letting Ebay know it's a scam. Item Klein Rascal Mountain Bike #280009473509.

·
VRC Illuminati
17,650 Posts
YETIFIED said:
There is a guy in Manchester, New Hampshire trying to auction this bike off. I know the man who owns this bike and he lives in Concord, California. I got in touch with him today and he's letting Ebay know it's a scam. Item Klein Rascal Mountain Bike #280009473509.
You mean the email address asking to deal direct wasn't the dead give away? :p

So that's your buddies bike? He's had it up on BA CL quite a few times. I'd say he's high balled it by double. Sorry, but it'll never sell at almost $900 bucks.

·
Dumpster Diver
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rumpfy said:
You mean the email address asking to deal direct wasn't the dead give away? :p

So that's your buddies bike? He's had it up on BA CL quite a few times. I'd say he's high balled it by double. Sorry, but it'll never sell at almost $900 bucks.
LOL!!! Rumpfy, you should be a detective:rolleyes:

That's what I told him, but he's old school...... and I mean old school (mid 60's now). I think his wife won't let him ride anymore. He thinks because he paid alot for it back in the early '90's, he can ask that much and he won't budge.

·
He be a moose too.
2,165 Posts
The 24 hour sale time made me wonder. I did contact him to see what sort of rigid fork he had for it but he didn't have a picture available. I had to wonder why that was the case.

'Guin

·
VRC Illuminati
17,650 Posts
pinguwin said:
The 24 hour sale time made me wonder. I did contact him to see what sort of rigid fork he had for it but he didn't have a picture available. I had to wonder why that was the case.

'Guin
I gave him a link to the Craigslist ad and asked him to explain. :D

·
He be a moose too.
2,165 Posts
Noticed the ad doesn't even show up. Wonder if ebay pulled it. If they did, they did so pretty quick (as opposed to that "Klein Pulse" of a month or two ago) which a number of people reported him a number of times).

'Guin

·
VRC Illuminati
17,650 Posts
pinguwin said:
Noticed the ad doesn't even show up. Wonder if ebay pulled it. If they did, they did so pretty quick (as opposed to that "Klein Pulse" of a month or two ago) which a number of people reported him a number of times).

'Guin
Well, in this case it was pretty obvious that this guy was lifting info from another ad and baiting people to bid or send money.

With the 'Klein Pulse', I don't think the seller was trying to deceive anyone...so much as he was a total and complete fcuking idiot. Unless eBay has a bike expert on staff, I doubt they could identify and make a decision with any certainty that that auction could be pulled.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts