Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was clearing out some boxes and came across some Headshok parts. I have not owned a C-Dale with Headshok in years but it looks like the bearing ID is the same as the Klein MC1. Can anyone verify
C-Dale bearing 40mm ID/Klein 39.7mm ID. Run reduced travel or older 90's Headshok or would it be Too choppered out? slam down the travel lock it down to make a rigid? I don't have a C-Dale fork handy to test the theory, anyone want to pick up the ball and run with it? It will be a long cold winter here in PA.

-John Y.

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,428 Posts
JJY said:
I was clearing out some boxes and came across some Headshok parts. I have not owned a C-Dale with Headshok in years but it looks like the bearing ID is the same as the Klein MC1. Can anyone verify
C-Dale bearing 40mm ID/Klein 39.7mm ID. Run reduced travel or older 90's Headshok or would it be Too choppered out? slam down the travel lock it down to make a rigid? I don't have a C-Dale fork handy to test the theory, anyone want to pick up the ball and run with it? It will be a long cold winter here in PA.

-John Y.
Can't help you on the Klein end of things, but if you have the same A to C on a fork the Klein had, as the headshock, you'll have no issues. Now as for dropping and locking the Headshock, bad idea, might work short term, but it's definitely going to cause internal issues down the road. No way to travel reduce them that will impact A to C, so I don't know if it'll work for you. The early HS's though, weren't all that tall to begin with. Happy project, and if you need HS help, I can probably point you in the right direction.... :thumbsup:

G

·
Klein MC1 bearing ID is 1 9/16" (39,69mm). Axle-crown of the Klein rigid forks is 410mm. Pretty sure that the headshok forks are too long.

Carsten

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.