1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
noslogan said:
What happened to the frame?
Get this...

I sent it to Gary Klein (personally) to fix the headset. After a first (failed) attempt, he said he would machine me some shims to install a Chris King headset, so I sent it back a second time. That was over a year ago and I haven't heard from him since. I left messages on his phone, sent him numerous emails, but never got a response back. I called Trek and was told 'it's not our problem'. I'm assuming he either lost it or broke it. So now I'm left with just a rear triangle...

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I'll email him

He was helpfull with my issues.
Really_Fat_Bastard said:
Get this...

I sent it to Gary Klein (personally) to fix the headset. After a first (failed) attempt, he said he would machine me some shims to install a Chris King headset, so I sent it back a second time. That was over a year ago and I haven't heard from him since. I left messages on his phone, sent him numerous emails, but never got a response back. I called Trek and was told 'it's not our problem'. I'm assuming he either lost it or broke it. So now I'm left with just a rear triangle...

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Nuts!!

Treck dumped his email. I'll try another avenue.
I also think that Treck is dumping Klein altogether.
Really_Fat_Bastard said:
Get this...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for checking things out noslogan.

I think Trek 'fired' Gary last year.

My LBS contacted Trek, and they said since I dealt with Gary himself, it was my own problem (but they offered to sell me a new carbon boom - $700, what a deal...). If anyone else has any updated contact info for Gary, or knows someone at Trek that could help out, I would really appreciate it.

Not only did he not return my frame, he cashed a $250 check for repairing it!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for checking things out noslogan.

I think Trek 'fired' Gary last year.

My LBS contacted Trek, and they said since I dealt with Gary himself, it was my own problem (but they offered to sell me a new carbon boom - $700, what a deal...). If anyone else has any updated contact info for Gary, or knows someone at Trek that could help out, I would really appreciate it.

Not only did he not return my frame, he cashed a $250 check for repairing it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.