Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a new, never assembled Klein Mantra Carbon. No parts included except rear triangle and rear shock. Looking for headset adapters to install 1 1/8 inch fork. Have tried: Problem Solvers HD9903 (appear to be out of stock), sellutioncomponents adapters not even close. Reset racing in Germany does not respond. Company in UK that paints Kleins, will contact Reset for headset adapters. What to do for headset adpaters? Before I begin making making myself or hiring out, perhaps someone knows of adapters or? Bottom of head tube is; 1.990 inch or; 50.546mm. Top of head tube; 1.740 or; 44.196mm. dimensions are close. Thank you in advance looking forward to assembling bike.
Steve V.

·
Single(Pivot)and Happy
1,778 Posts
Why don't you track down the fork that was on it. Nothing you put on the front is going to make the bike rideable given the rear suspension design.
As long as the OP only ascends, he will be fine. Everyone that has firsthand experience trying to ride that frame down a mountain will tell you that you are a fool. Gary Klein even admitted his concept was much better on paper than how it was executed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No idea if Klein used the large, "Lefty" headset. Klein called the headset; Airheadset, 33.3/1.75-2" /39.7 0mm stack. Building the bike as more of a Gravel bike. Doubt with me, it will ever see big drops or steep down hills. Is there an old Klein specialty site? Thanks, Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.