Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new bottom bracket spindle for my vintage Adroit to fit in the Grafton Joysticks cranks. Klein Tech manual says that the spindle length for them is 121mm.

I am interested in ActionTec's titanium spindles that are available in 120mm length and the next one is 122.5mm. Which one of these should I use or am I better off with a steel one in 121mm ?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Both should be ok, as long as with proper drive side spindle extension.

I would use 122.5mm, just incase at the time taper's worn.

Good luck!

·
Tintin40
84 Posts
Yep i'd say the longer length. I had cooks on my Klein. And it was a very long axle for them. I had a ti. Didn't like the flex. When i stood on the pedals i could feel movement. Which is very un-Klein like :D

I'd stay with cro-mo. Kleins are light enough any way:D

·
Banned
2,989 Posts
I had a set on a bike back in 90. Still have the MRC Ti BB I ran them on and just measured it at 131mm. I ran it on that bike for 5-6 years. Then put it in my sons bmx bike and ran it there a few years and took it out before selling the frame

·
Registered
57 Posts
That sounds terribly short to me but I'm sure you know. I ordered a 73mm x 130mm Phil Wood BB with symmetrical offsets for a Yeti build with Grafton Joystix.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi girlonbike. Pleased to meet you. I'm working on an old ARC build so where the chain stays bow out I need extra clearance. I know 130mm sounds crazy long but we are talking mms here. - ='s about 2mm ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts