Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My regular frame (an On One Inbred SiSp) has a crack in the downtube gusset and will be sent back to the dealer for replacement. In the meantime, a friend gave me this frame to build up as a SiSp conversion. The derailleur hanger is bent so it really can't be used for much else.

I've always loved the look of Kleins and now I get to ride one! In addition to the Mission Control handlebar/stem combo, the headset is really freaking me out. Looks big enough to stick my arm down the thing.

·
Registered
554 Posts
you're viewing yours from cache or auto-logged-in

"Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable!
The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer. Visit our help area for more information.
Access to this site will be restored within an hour. Please try again later.
https://www.geocities.com/mtnwuff/Klein1.JPG"

·
Mantis, Paramount, Campy
4,733 Posts
Frame ID Question....

Isn't that technically an Attitude frame (1996?) painted and sold as an Adroit durring the Trek transition?
The Adroit had slightly different downtube internal cable routing and a larger diameter downtube.

As to the hanger...sure you can bend it back depending how bad it is. But I dont know how far I'd trust an aluminum hanger that has been bent and then straightened. I guess you can try and if/when it breaks off you'll have a dedicated singlespeed frame for sure.

G

·
Shayne said:
Isn't that technically an Attitude frame (1996?) painted and sold as an Adroit durring the Trek transition?
The Adroit had slightly different downtube internal cable routing and a larger diameter downtube.
yes, that is the Attitude downtube/frame. The "true" Adroit had the thicker 2" downtube and welded -on cable entries and the cable outlets further up on the down tube. And the re-inforcements at the water bottle cage mounts as they had used thinner aluminum for the Adroit downtube.

Carsten

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Carsten said:
yes, that is the Attitude downtube/frame.
Just curious, is the Attitude a step up or a step down in the Klein lineup?

I just hope that I fit the frame reasonably well since I have no clue how to move that MC stem/bar combo. :eek:

G

·
JRA said:
Just curious, is the Attitude a step up or a step down in the Klein lineup?

I just hope that I fit the frame reasonably well since I have no clue how to move that MC stem/bar combo. :eek:
you can remove the MC2 if you have the tool but not move... if you need the bar higher you need to find a riser MC2 (this is a no-rise), same if you need a shorter or longer stem.

That's a 21" frame or Large, second largest they have build. It should fit fine between just under 6' and 6'3" with that MC2.

Carsten

G

·
Hosehead said:
Wow I forgot how beautiful the Adroit was! Now I remember why I lusted over them.
yes, shear beauty for me, amazes me day after day since 5 years...

thsi one is build now as well :) love that color

Carsten

·
1,476 Posts
Carsten said:
yes, shear beauty for me, amazes me day after day since 5 years.

Carsten
I agree. Absolutely Stunning! Thankyou for the pics. You know i am going to save them bad boys. Pure Art.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.