Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rushed into bidding into action for a Klein Adept Pro frame in mint condition... and I got a god deal on it, except, I didn't realize that it's the wrong size for me.

The interesting design on the frame may allow for a larger size?

For the those familiar with the bike - would you say that's the case?

I don't want to spend hundreds of $$ only to realize that the bike is too big for me... I'm 5'8" and the frame is size XL. My ideal frame size for a 26" bike is 18".

Attachments

·
Registered
10,053 Posts
They're more nostalgia pieces than something you'd actually want to ride. For just casual cruising around or a trip to the store, it would be alright. The seat on that would technically go low enough to get an appropriate pedaling height.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, I'm so bummed. I spent $200 on it - frame with the shock. Not so much about the money but more about me wanting to build my own full suspension (Klein) bike

You think I can sell it and get my $200 back?

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Yeah it's bike selling season, you'll be able to get it back. Might not be all of it, but you should come close.

Just the frame & shock? Anything else you can part out on it?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's really all - frame with derailleur hanger and the original Fox shock. The frame is nearly in new condition though, just a couple of small nicks.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Ok,

Time to box it up, measure it & weigh it. Start farming it out on pinkbike, here, craigstlist & ebay. The sooner the better.

Assume a 13% fee for ebay & paypal on the total selling price including shipping. Fed Ex will most likely be the cheapest shipping option.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
With or without the rear shock?

I believe it's Fox Float RC, and that sells for about $55 on ebay (net $45). But I think the frame with the shock together might sell easier

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever sell you Adept Pro Frame.

I rushed into bidding into action for a Klein Adept Pro frame in mint condition... and I got a god deal on it, except, I didn't realize that it's the wrong size for me.

The interesting design on the frame may allow for a larger size?

For the those familiar with the bike - would you say that's the case?

I don't want to spend hundreds of $$ only to realize that the bike is too big for me... I'm 5'8" and the frame is size XL. My ideal frame size for a 26" bike is 18".
Did you sell you Adept XL. I just picked up a Adept Race Comp in Medium for my son 2 days age and cleaned it up. Think he will outgrown in 6 months to a Year. Open to trade if you still have it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.