Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I was curious to see if anyone know's when the course was being marked. I thought I read it was happening Friday. I'd like to know when Friday if possible since I've got Friday off and I'd like to preride the course. Let me know Thanks!

Ryan H.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Hey, no cheating.:nono: Just kidding.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Oh, that's different :thumbsup: Rock on:cool:

·
Registered
573 Posts
Ryan,

I don't know your training schedule, but in general it's not a great idea to ride much two days before a race. If you can take Friday off the bike and do the pre-ride on Saturday that's usually more beneficial.

Good luck,

Maurice

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maurice said:
Ryan,

I don't know your training schedule, but in general it's not a great idea to ride much two days before a race. If you can take Friday off the bike and do the pre-ride on Saturday that's usually more beneficial.

Good luck,

Maurice
Yea I'm trying to work on this whole training schedule thing. I have a habit of just riding whenever and sometimes not giving myself time to recover before a race. I basically would like to go Friday or Saturday to preride. Friday just looks like it'll work into my schedule a lot better right now. I don't want to do a hard ride but just enough to familiarize myself with the course and get a little mental game plan going. Thank you for the pointers, any advice is appreciated.

Ryan H.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
mtnbkr0101 said:
Can you qauntify "too drunk"? :D
If you're trying to walk your bike and ride your dog then you're too drunk.:prft:

·
Registered
573 Posts
normZurawski said:
In general, it's best not to be too drunk when you race. I find the results better when I adhere to that philosophy.
This also applies to posting messages on the internet.

:D

Maurice

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hey, is the course going to be marked today, Friday? Just asking cause i rather do today; looks like 90% chance of shower and thunderstorms tomm.

Thanks for the info! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
929 Posts
Terrain Question- Knarly Rocky?

I only ask as I am riding a hardtail and I am debating about riding with a thudbuster or not... Most trails I don't use it (like Mahlon, Lewis Morris and Allamuchy- Duck Pond) but places where there are numerous, numerous rocky sections (like Chimney Rock in particular) I find the thudbuster a nice tool. Is Kit more comparable to Mahlon or CR?

·
Registered
485 Posts
the race will go on if it rains.
forget the thudbuster. there arent any nasty rock sections. there are several moderate rocky descents, but you wont be sitting.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts