Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ordered from Kitsbow recently? I ordered almost 3 months ago, and have still not received anything (the original estimate was 6 weeks). I have e-mailed them - no reply, and tried their phone number - no answer, left voicemail, no reply. I understand that things may be delayed right now, but such customer service is poor though.

Anyone have any similar/different experience recently? Any other way I could contact them perhaps?

·
since 4/10/2009
37,115 Posts
I live across the mtn from them, but haven't ordered anything in awhile. Last thing I got from them was an icon shirt just before the pandemic started.

Not sure where you are, but showing up at their front door is also an option (the Kitsbow Ride House is their customer-facing front door, but their focus is on the cafe, bike shop, small apparel retail space, and helping folks with ride routes). If that's not exactly an option, I'd skip the email and keep on the phone calls. Maybe try a different time of day to see if you can find a time where someone is available to actually pick up (whether they were out at lunch before, or on the phone with someone else, or whatever).

I know that they aren't making all of their items all the time. They kinda rotate production from one item to another. I think I remember reading at one point that they do this sortof so that they can get a collection of orders of the same item together so they can produce all the items from their collection of orders of that item. Not sure if that might be related. Also might be relevant which item you ordered.

I interviewed there earlier this year. I know they've seen a lot more growth much faster than they expected since relocating to NC and they've been advertising job openings on and off all year. They've also been working to bring production of more items under the roof of their NC factory (not all are made there just yet, I think), and I think they've still got some production space dedicated to PPE like facemasks.

I honestly don't recall seeing a section in the factory where they had CS staff working. Not sure if they have an actual CS department or if those tasks are handled by others or what.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Has anyone ordered from Kitsbow recently? I ordered almost 3 months ago, and have still not received anything (the original estimate was 6 weeks). I have e-mailed them - no reply, and tried their phone number - no answer, left voicemail, no reply. I understand that things may be delayed right now, but such customer service is poor though.

Anyone have any similar/different experience recently? Any other way I could contact them perhaps?
I'm kind of in the same boat. Ordered those tan biking shorts about a month ago with not really expecting them to come anytime soon. They seem like a fairly legit company so I am just patiently waiting and will be pleasantly surprised when they come. Let's just say this, I hope they fit!

·
since 4/10/2009
37,115 Posts
I'm kind of in the same boat. Ordered those tan biking shorts about a month ago with not really expecting them to come anytime soon. They seem like a fairly legit company so I am just patiently waiting and will be pleasantly surprised when they come. Let's just say this, I hope they fit!
they don't even make the stuff until after you order it, so IMO, this is really the best way to approach it. If they give you an ETA, then it's not a bad idea to check in if that date comes and goes. But otherwise the expectation for a wait should be there.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone! Appreciate everyone's comments.

Just a couple of notes:
  • the original ETA was 5 weeks, it has been 10 weeks since ( I waited until 7 weeks before I reached out)
  • I have e-mailed them, and tried to call them on several days of the week (and times of the day), and they have never picked up. I left a voicemail, which also went unanswered, and I even went as far as to send them a Facebook message (some companies prefer that these days it seems...).

Anyway, I have no problem with waiting when I'm given an ETA (I support their model), and I certainly understand delays during these times. I am just left quite disappointed by a complete lack of customer service.

P.S. I live on the west coast, so dropping by is not really an option :)
P.P.S. I have an Ooni pizza oven too, and it's fantastic! Plus I found them to have excellent customer service, any issues were quickly resolved.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Thanks everyone! Appreciate everyone's comments.

Just a couple of notes:
  • the original ETA was 5 weeks, it has been 10 weeks since ( I waited until 7 weeks before I reached out)
  • I have e-mailed them, and tried to call them on several days of the week (and times of the day), and they have never picked up. I left a voicemail, which also went unanswered, and I even went as far as to send them a Facebook message (some companies prefer that these days it seems...).

Anyway, I have no problem with waiting when I'm given an ETA (I support their model), and I certainly understand delays during these times. I am just left quite disappointed by a complete lack of customer service.

P.S. I live on the west coast, so dropping by is not really an option :)
P.P.S. I have an Ooni pizza oven too, and it's fantastic! Plus I found them to have excellent customer service, any issues were quickly resolved.
My kitsbow Haskell shorts are supposed to be shipping out today, just got a confirmation email and a tracking number, you are probably next!

At least I can use them before snowfall, maybe if I order some pants now I will get them in time for next summer!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My kitsbow Haskell shorts are supposed to be shipping out today, just got a confirmation email and a tracking number, you are probably next!

At least I can use them before snowfall, maybe if I order some pants now I will get them in time for next summer!
I forgot to update on this thread, my bad. They did reach out to me eventually (saying I was still in the line), and the shorts have since arrived as well. Probably a total of 13-14 weeks wait time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.