Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally some time to ride this coming week-end!

Me and a whole bunch are going to the Kingdom Trails in Vermont for some riding, camping and beer drinking! June 23rd to 25th.

What's that got to do in the Cannondale forum? Well, not much more than that we are going to be a bunch riding Cannondales (at least 3 Prophets and 2 Scalpels) and that, since I hang around here the most, if any northeasterners who come across are welcomed to say hi! I wear an orange helmet and I'll be on my Silver Bullet of course!

I will log more miles in three days than what I have done since the season started! That's sad I know but with too much work (work that sucks no less!), a girlfriend that left for 6 months to work on a cruise ship (you can understand I wanted to spend as much time with as I could... and she doesn't ride bikes much), me moving and other things preventing my usual 3-5 rides per weeks, I look forward to this, even if I know I'll suffer because I'm in such a bad shape! I'll try to post a few pictures after.

I'm excited now! :p Now I just have to slap it back in XC mode and put some faster and lighter tires!

·
a.k.a.-Cranial Disharmony
239 Posts
Aww man I wish I was gonna be around this weekend. I'm moving unfortunately but otherwise, I totally would have come up. Those are great, tough trails.

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'm almost moved completely now, in fact, almost all of my bikes (I just have my commuter right now) and bike related stuff are still at my old place, I'm going to pick some tonight.

While I agree the trails there are very fun, I didn't find them too tough, not so technical, especially with a bike like the Prophet. The many roots combined with the speed you can get there did made my whole body suffer a bit when I went there with a hardtail though. But there aren't many nasty rocks as I'm used to. Don't get me wrong, it's still one of my favorite place to ride.

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MendonCycleSmith said:
Wish I could, but the shops way too busy right now. It's that whole make hay while the sun shines thing! Enjoy your ride, I was gonna comment on your tire selection, but I see you have plans to adjust=:)
It would have been fun to ride with you Mendon, someday maybe!

Here in Quebec, the 24th is a national holiday so we get a 3 day weekend! I will also get away from all the Formula 1 crazyness in town, from all my work worries and such too.

I made the switch of tires yesterday so I'm ready now! The beast now weighs only about 26.5 pounds with my Bulldogs! My only worry is the lack of a 44T chainring. And the chain rubs a lot on the front derailleur cage when in 36T front/11T rear, I don't need top speeds that much on the super tech and twisty trails I ride most of the time so I don't use that combo much but I got to tune that thing to go fast in the Kingdom!

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice week-end!

Well, it was a perfect week-end to ride and go camping. I was surprised by my physical shape, I thought I was in worse shape than I really am it seems and the Prophet still amazes me. It can feel like a gravity dropping monster to a nimble twisty trail rocket! I had a few problems along the way though: I overcooked my brakes and my Crossmax SL freehub really needs a good lube before it dies (my fault, I always tell myself: I'll do it next week, next week, next week...). If you ever get the chance to go to Burke VT, it truly is a nice place to ride with enough fast trails to spend a few days... I bought a season's pass so, like Arnold used to say: I'll be back!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.