Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
As stated above, just pay them for trail use. I liked the moose haven area, just wish the climb wasn't double track. The three t's are sweet. Kitchel when the break bumps aren't terrible ( they probably will be now). Burnham down is enjoyable for the novelty of the length of the boardwalk rides, jaws (I think) for more challenging skinnies.
Jut tell them what you like when getting a ticket and they'll highlight a route for you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
In addition to Trailforks, Trailhub, and others, try downloading the Ondago app. It has the official Kingdom Trails maps. It is georeferenced and it contains the Trailhub trail status widget. Super useful. Plus, it's updated every time the official KT map is updated.

·
Ducks for Moose
67 Posts
Anyone else hear that a property owner is closing off access to a MAJOR section of Darling Hill (both sides of the road)?
Apparently a lot of landowners have been having issues with disrespectful riders. When bikers start yelling at the property owners when they are out enjoying their own property (often by some other means other than a bike), and they start catching a bunch of grief and/or disrespect, I imagine it would make me question why I was letting them on my property as well.

·
Gruntled
81 Posts
Anyone else hear that a property owner is closing off access to a MAJOR section of Darling Hill (both sides of the road)?
Apparently a lot of landowners have been having issues with disrespectful riders. When bikers start yelling at the property owners when they are out enjoying their own property (often by some other means other than a bike), and they start catching a bunch of grief and/or disrespect, I imagine it would make me question why I was letting them on my property as well.
That doesn't sound good, but those trails have become too big to fail for the NE Kingdom. I'd have to imagine a solution will be found here. I'd also have to imagine that KT has contingency plans for such events. It seems like a well run org - an event like this is not going to come as a surprise.

·
Ducks for Moose
67 Posts
Let's just say there isn't much of a contingency available to get around this closure other than the road.

But on the broader plan, I think this type of issue is a big reason there has been a push to develop trails in the less populated areas between East Burke and East Haven. Mostly just large swaths of forest land out there.

IMHO, riding through the mix of forest and field on Darling Hill is what makes KTs rather unique compared to a lot of other trail systems.

·
2,672 Posts
I'm curious how/where you heard this?

I'm not shocked to be honest. KT has become much much more crowded in recent years and more people always leads to jacka$$es potentially ruining it for everyone.

·
Ducks for Moose
67 Posts
I've only heard about this second or third hand, but from sources that are well connected in the local MTB/KT community.
I'm not sure if it official yet or if negotiations are ongoing. Let's just say the property bisects the entire trail system on Darling Hill (river to river).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.