Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
IMBA Canada
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We went to the Kingdom on saturday and got the chance to ride the new Sidewinder trails. The trail is very windy and pretty steeps... it rides like a halfpipe... Riding from side to side with the same rollercoaster feel as Tody's tour but no pedaling involved.

The entrance is pretty hard to find but once you're on it you'll enjoy it... even if the little climbing to get there is a bit harsh... but still worth it!

I'll have a video posted on our website later on this week so that you can see what it looks like...

I'll post the link later on...

·
customized
3,123 Posts
We rode every dope trail this weekend except that one. It has been added to the loop from now on. I love climbing West Branch, looks like the loop will include climbing hogback from now on.

I avoided the trail due to it being soft (as it is new) and wet from all the rain. If it follows the same slope as West Branch, then it should be unreal. Perhaps the new best trail on Darling Hill.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I have to agree. I have never, ever seen a trail constructed in such a way. Damn, that was fun.

I am from NJ and was there over the weekend. It was well worth the 7 hour drive! The whole park is like an amusement park for mountain bikes! Amazing. Sidewinder was the icing on that very delicious cake.

I am looking forward to seeing that video of the Sidewinder.

Joe

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
That trail was fantastic! The hilight of Saturday's ride up there and probably the hilight of the entire trip.

Kingdom made good of its billing!
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
538 Posts
Sounds like I missed out on the goods. I was there Monday and had a great ride. All I heard about was sidewinder though....next time.

I am sure the boys at KTA will keep working on this trial as it gets ridden in. Tody's is a lot different then when I first rode it years ago, so I am sure sidewinder will have some changes as the years go on....and only for the better.

·
Registered
436 Posts
aw $hit, looks like I need to add one to the list. It's been almost a year since I've been up there. Made it as far as killington this past weekend, but then had to come home.

Time to start plotting/scheming.

·
skiing/biking is life....
123 Posts
thanks for the head up on Sidewinder! I'll be up there this weekend (8-9) and next (15-16) so I know one of those days i'll hit it! thanks for the tip!!

dave

·
Get Help
32 Posts
just now got back to NJ (6 hr) and we were at the Bruke campgrounds since Wedsday..OMG this whole place ROCKS. I have never had as much fun in 3 days of rideing , ever. Sidewinder was just a rush that you cant beleive till you try it and climb out the worst climb of my life and say , ok lets do it again. but first you have to climb Old Web to get the juices going. All I can say is that this place is a must for anybody who loves to ride. OMG i still can not wait to go back.. We did 35 miles yesterday with a 3 mile killer climb to the campsite each day and still i would do it all again... GO HERE , RIDE HERE

·
skiing/biking is life....
123 Posts
mitchell16 said:
just now got back to NJ (6 hr) and we were at the Bruke campgrounds since Wedsday..OMG this whole place ROCKS. I have never had as much fun in 3 days of rideing , ever. Sidewinder was just a rush that you cant beleive till you try it and climb out the worst climb of my life and say , ok lets do it again. but first you have to climb Old Web to get the juices going. All I can say is that this place is a must for anybody who loves to ride. OMG i still can not wait to go back.. We did 35 miles yesterday with a 3 mile killer climb to the campsite each day and still i would do it all again... GO HERE , RIDE HERE
Nice!

I was up riding the trails Saturday with my wife and some friends. I am always amazed by this place everytime I get up there! .. beautiful trails and beautiful weather! We neve made it to sidewinder.. but maybe next weekend! Glad you had a good time!

dave

·
Registered
634 Posts
horn tooting...

I'm glad to say that I had a hand in making Sidewinder. It was June 4, (The first Sunday of every month is KT's volunteer trail-work day.) and very rainy. about 7-8 of us put it in in about 3 hours. Afterwards we tried to figure out a name, to no avail. Three days later I rode the trail for the first time and it came to me: "Sidewinder." I saw John (KT's trail manager) and he concurred.
We had some concernes about sustainability, though all the locals LOVE the new trail, and will keep it up.
July's volunteer day saw some progress on an old trail reroute, "Mid-Race." The trail crew has big plans for new development on the mountain side. Look forward to a fast new trail near the Sherburne lift in the Enchanted Forest Glade, as well as a villiage connector hopefully by the end of the summer.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts