Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
'18 Fatboy, '20 Epic HT, '21 Stumpjumper, '21 Stumpjumper Evo
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering a week there in late September. Not really sure what to expect. Definitely not doing the downhill bike park section. My non-fat bike stable includes a ‘20 Epic HT, ‘21 Stumpjumper alloy and a ‘21 Stumpjumper Evo that is set up low and slack. What should I take and why? The wife prefers flow over technical, but only generally rides every other day, so I’d expect to be able to do some solo rides to sample just about all there is to offer. Likely only taking 1 bike for me, but maybe 2 if there is really a need or value.

TIA for your responses!

· Resident Gear Head
729 Posts
You'll probably get better information if you post this thread in the Vermont section. Kingdom is a huge area and the trails are mostly smooth and flowy if you stay off Burke Mountain and down low near town.

· Registered
'18 Fatboy, '20 Epic HT, '21 Stumpjumper, '21 Stumpjumper Evo
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I posted there. Thought I’d get better info in this section as the regional forums seem to have way fewer posts.

· Advanced Slacker
15,811 Posts
If you are not going up to Burke Mt bike park, short-ish travel FS bike would be perfect there. Or even a HT if that is the way you like to roll.

I was there recently with a 140mm 5-Spot with a 160mm Lyrik up front, and it was overkill (I did not go to the bike park). I found myself a little jealous of my friend on her 130mm Kona Honzo HT..... but I don’t think I would have felt the same longing for an Epic HT.

Guess it really comes down to whether you want the fastest lap times or to have more fun. For the former, the Epic for sure. As for the latter, It is reltively smooth and flowy in most places, so whatever you find most fun on that, go with it.

· Registered
8,461 Posts
What bike is going to be the most fun?

Personally, I would take your standard stumpjumper. I call those stumpjumpers vacation bikes, they work just about anywhere.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.