Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'18 Fatboy, '20 Epic HT, '21 Stumpjumper, '21 Stumpjumper Evo
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering a week there in late September. Not really sure what to expect. Definitely not doing the downhill bike park section. My non-fat bike stable includes a ‘20 Epic HT, ‘21 Stumpjumper alloy and a ‘21 Stumpjumper Evo that is set up low and slack. What should I take and why? The wife prefers flow over technical, but only generally rides every other day, so I’d expect to be able to do some solo rides to sample just about all there is to offer. Likely only taking 1 bike for me, but maybe 2 if there is really a need or value.

TIA for your responses!

·
2,707 Posts
Unless you’re riding the trails on Burke mtn., most KT trails are fast and smooth with some easy climbing mixed in. Ideal KT bike would be a short-mid travel FS bike that will motor up climbs and keep momentum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
445 Posts
I rented a Santa Cruz 5010 for a couple days of riding there, and it felt like the right bike. I would have rather had my personal bike (Knolly Endorphin) but renting one was much simpler than flying with a bike. I’d take which ever bike you’re most comfortable on and or have the most fun riding.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.