Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from a great weekend of riding with the Ridemonkey group. Even though it rained alot during the week the weekend weather was perfect and the trails were in great shape. We only did about 17 miles of the perfect single track on Saturday and 8 on Sunday but we managed to hit all the must do's - Tody's, Sidewinder, Webs, Old Webs, Heaven's Bench, Kitchel, and many others. People are already planning August and October trips. We will try and make it to those as well. Can never have too much smooth single track in your diet.:)

Anyway, I put together two slideshows of the trip, one for each day. As always most of the images are from the helmet camera footage I got. To see the titles and captions use the links provided to go to the thumbnail views.

Below are the links to the slideshows. You can click the icon in the middle of the screen to view it full screen. However, I recommend not using the full screen. It stretches the images so they actually don't look as crisp. There is music so adjust your volume accordingly. If the music doesn't start right away you will have to restart the show (sometimes the show starts before the music is done downloading).

Saturday's "Social" Ride Slideshow
Saturday's "Social" Ride Thumbnail Page
Sunday's "Social" Ride Slideshow
Sunday's "Social" Ride Thumbnail Page

Enjoy!
Kevin

·
Go Bruins!
587 Posts
Nice pics!

Great pics from a great place. It looks like they cut the field grass on top of Heaven's Bench. I have a great photo from two weeks ago when the grass was long and there was just a narrow path to the bench itself. I'll post later if possible. Tody's Tour is one of my favorites. I love the big berms that seem to climb the side of the hill as your going down. I didn't hit poundcake last time I went, but I will have to hit it when I go again in a couple of weeks.

·
Black Lion
4,431 Posts
woodsguy said:
If you like the high berms of Tody's then you'll love Sidewinder. It has more berms that are higher and flow into one another.
I wouldn't really call those berms on Sidewinder. The trail is super fast and has flowing high turns but berms, no way.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Staying on course.......

It was nice to meet you Kevin, and that helmet/ camera setup looks pretty cool. How did the videos of Sidewinder turn out? Did you take one on the descent of Old Webs?

-Dan

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
AOF said:
Staying on course.......

It was nice to meet you Kevin, and that helmet/ camera setup looks pretty cool. How did the videos of Sidewinder turn out? Did you take one on the descent of Old Webs?

-Dan
Yea, it was nice to meet you too.

Yea, I recorded all the great stuff. Most of it came out really well, the others not so much. It wasn't the fault of the camers (well, not really). The patches of bright sun in the dark forest made it tough for the camera to meter on anything. Parts of the video were either too bright or too dark. A light overcast day is the best for video in the woods (but not too dark cause then that comes out grainy). Sidewinder had a patch of bright sun at the bottom of each pass and without three dimensions you can't get a sense of how fast or how steep the turns are (the speed made it especially tough for the camera to meter. It reacts pretty fast but not instantly). I should have ran back up to record people coming down (I'm still learning). Webs and Old Webs also had lots of bright patches of sun so they didn't come out as good as I had hoped. Overall though, I am happy with the video.

Check out this thread. There is a guy in there that copied my helmet camera system with great results.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.