Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Yay! Bikes !
1,761 Posts
I'll almost have to agree with Joel here. I don't see huge differences in most front hubs.
(that is what you meant, right Joel?)

I own a CK 20mm hub, as well as a few CK rear hubs, standard and heavy duty. I'll always want the King rear, but I wouldn't pay the extra $$$ for the 20mm front again. I also have a Ringle 20mm laced to a Singletrack front wheel on my hardtail. They make a decent front hub for less than either the CK or Hadley, but you're limited to one color - black.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for their input. I think I'm gonna go with the hadley, as the king is not availible in universal cycle's wheel builder. I really wish they had the hadleys in red on thier site though, I've been hooked ever since factory honda started using them on their race bikes a while back.

·
SNOWRIDER
1,564 Posts
You def want to go with the Hadley.
I would never buy King over Hadley

Attachments

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Deweydude said:
You def want to go with the Hadley.
I would never buy King over Hadley
king. you can clean and lube the bearings on the king. easy.
king has a web site.
bike stores have parts for king.
bike stores have king service tools.
The service tool fits and there is only one service tool.

hadley uses the same bearings that everyone else uses, when they are shot, you have to pull them and press in new ones.

·
603 Posts
standard and H-duty

I own a CK 20mm hub, as well as a few CK rear hubs, standard and heavy duty.

Sorry off topic, what is the differance between the standard ISO and the Heavy Duty ISO? Is it the same hub with the fun bolts instead if a QR?

Thanks,

Porch

·
Pro Crastinator
11,952 Posts
personally, i would never spend the dough for a front hub from either one of them. front hubs hard to mess up and you could do a lot wiser by selecting something else.....

but if it's a rear hub you are talking about, i'd get the hadley......

·
All Mt, DH
488 Posts
Go Hadley
I have Hadley 20mm front and a King 20mm front, both r nice but the Hadley was a lot better price.
I might get beaten for stating this but the King has a continuous piece which goes over the 20mm axle, whereas the Hadley doesnt.

If i were buying again it would be Hadley from Speedgoat.

·
Registered
887 Posts
.WestCoastHucker. said:
personally, i would never spend the dough for a front hub from either one of them. front hubs hard to mess up and you could do a lot wiser by selecting something else.....
I agree...same some $$$ and just get a Marzocchi front hub and put the savings into a better rear hub or in your pocket for a rainy day.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Any LBS

Joe Dirt said:
You can buy their hubs, but how do you contact them?
Just about all Local Shops have a BTI account, which means they can get Hadley. We have a few of their black hubs in stock, front and rear, and I mention black because for quite a while, thats all you could get from BTI, now there are some other colors available as well.

I recommend the Hadley, if you need a high end hub, but I don't see a whole lot of difference out of the box, between the DT swiss and the Hadley or King, except for price. Now, maintenance, long term, yes, there are differences, but that varies depending upon use.

·
eci
2,712 Posts
neither.

both are 2 expensive for what you get. I would suggest a hope(im pretty sure that will save you a lil dough) or Ringle. I have had my ringle for 3 years. 1 service and it spins like brand new.

·
Banned
683 Posts
snowskilz said:
neither.

both are 2 expensive for what you get. I would suggest a hope(im pretty sure that will save you a lil dough) or Ringle. I have had my ringle for 3 years. 1 service and it spins like brand new.
Dude, I snapped a Ringle like the thing was made of wax. I am a powerful man :D ....but geez, a moderate climb on my ASX and SNAP!!! I would go XT way before Ringle.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.