Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm just getting back to biking and I've never had a rack before. I just picked up a king cobra by Yakama. The salesman was a little pushy and I didn't look it over real well. I wanted a rack that I'd leave the front wheel on. Plus I liked the added bikecable lock.

Sorry for rambling... My question. Has anyone had the red knob, that tightens the wheel hold, come loose? I would check it evertime I got in my car but if I forgot or if I went on a long trip, I hate to loose my new bike.

I have not even picked up the bike yet so if I get bad reviews I my return this, unused, if its an issue.

thanks

·
Registered
181 Posts
I found that even if the red knob loosens a little, the bike is still secure. To make sure it doesn't loosen, you can pull down on the front wheel slightly while tightening the knob.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks "nhmtns" I saw your post last night but didn't want to hyjack your thread. Looks like your racks flexed or something to cause that bolt to break out like that. Have you talked to yakima?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I just checked a PDF file of instructions for the King Cobra from the Yakima.com website. One if the steps is the following:

So Yakima also realizes you have to pull down on the wheel to get the knob to secure tightly.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I saw that in the instructions. I was just wondering if that was enough.

Now I'm also a little concerned about the weight issue. I have a kona hoss and I think its in the 40lb range

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.