Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just order a King bottom bracket to replace my Race Face Deus bottom bracket. Has anyone replaced their RF with King and is as straight forward as it looks? Obviously the spacer stack must say the same for a 73mm but about the small black and red elastomers on the shaft? Do they remain as is. Thanks

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
Couldn't imagine what elastomers could be for, so I looked at the RaceFace installation instructions...imagine that, elastomers for preloading. I'd imagine that you'd still use those since they fit into the crankarms and don't look to have much to do with the cups (I assume the cups are of the same dimensions).

·
ups and downs
15,600 Posts
The black RF 1mm spacers are to adjust the chainline between 49-51mm by moving them from one side to the other. They're actually a rubber covered steel washer. The red elastomer washers that fit into the recess in the cranks provide some preload.

As long as the CK bearings are the same thickness the spacer count would stay the same, but if the CK are a bit thicker you might have ditch one of the black ones, or if the bearings are narrower you may need another spacer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.