Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
mbcbulldog said:
I do never carry bottle water in my bike!I prefer use hydration beer pack to keep my drink nice and cooler..:thumbsup: :thumbsupjpg[/IMG]
[/LIST]
that is just wrong.....budweiser??? at least have a Fat Tire

·
Registered
326 Posts
GUINNESS

put ice in the hydro pack to keep beer chilled.

and yeah.. wtf with the water bottle cage bolts on FR bikes? my Stinky 2-4 has those.. why? WHY?!?!

·
moaaar shimz
9,125 Posts
mbcbulldog said:
I do never carry bottle water in my bike!I prefer use hydration beer pack to keep my drink nice and cooler..:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D
Yuck, horrible beer and on top of that it will shake like crazy and all you will get is foam.

Tip:

Fill a wide hole camelbak or a open deuter pak with water and ice and put inside a couple of nitro cans of respectable beer or maybe a Guiness (it doesn't foam that much due to the plastic cilinder inside).

·
N* Bomber Crew
4,271 Posts
Actually its way smart.

That way you don't run a water bottle cage and remove the bolts. Those bolt holes will save you like...1/2 a gram per piece...thats basically 1 gram less than other DH rigs WITHOUT Water Bottle cages.

Weight Savings for the win.

:rolleyes: For anyone that takes this post seriously.

·
Banned
16,457 Posts
I got cage mounts on my RFX. While more and more people are doing epic rides on bigger bikes and those bikes are expanding the riding options, along with shock technology, I wish I had no mounts on my frame. There is a plus in that some could run lighting equipment in those mounts or something else I don't know about.

·
When in doubt, go faster
2,122 Posts
Raptordude said:
Actually its way smart.

That way you don't run a water bottle cage and remove the bolts. Those bolt holes will save you like...1/2 a gram per piece...thats basically 1 gram less than other DH rigs WITHOUT Water Bottle cages.

Weight Savings for the win.

:rolleyes: For anyone that takes this post seriously.
I dont think that anyone would care to drop that little amount of weight...:bluefrown:

PLEASE know i was playing along...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.