Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there this Saturday? I'm sure the riding is still good even with the closed trails, but I've heard stories about the crowded trails on the weekend. It'll be the first trip there for me ( from Spartanburg ), so I'm trying to decide if I should try it or something else in the area.

·
Get out of town!
1,442 Posts
Ride it!

There are other people local to that area that post here a lot, and I think it's safe to say that you will have a blast this weekend if you go. You'll have more trails to ride than you know what to do with. :D

·
Official Cooler Inspector
2,652 Posts
Another Spartanburger?!? Geeze, you people are migratory! I run into at least six individuals a week on the trails from that local. Heck, one of them even "broke into" my house today after his ride and used the shower! Had the guts to call me at work and invite me to a music event downtown. I declined. Had to come home and change the locks.

As a local, I tend to opt for afternoon rides - mainly because I'm lazy and I don't have to drive anywhere to be back on time.... yes dear, I know dear, I had a flat dear.

It might be warmer, but we do avoid the much feared crowds. Really though - even on the busier beautiful weather days, I have had long sections all to myself. I can guess the more popular routes see some congestion I'm not aware of. I recall being up at Five Points once and having to avoid six riders standing around yapping. It was just horrible. I had to actually stop and talk to them. :rolleyes:

Come ride - have fun.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had a blast! Met a couple from Spartanburg that I see

fairly frequently at Southside. They beat me down on the hills. Rode probably 4 hours total, so I'm officially spent.

Tomorrow morning - Catawba River.

thanks for the advice,

JT

1 - 7 of 7 Posts