Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Paste eater
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a wee bit of play bother vertical and lateral on my i900.

Lateral as in twist the saddle and it moves from side to side a bit...

Vertical as in there is a bit of slop. Apply pressure downward and it sink down a few cm's. Not a lot, but I can feel a very small clunk now. Checked the nut on the bottom and it's tight as a nun. What am I missing?:confused:

·
Registered
187 Posts
you'd have to take off the shock. the bolt holding it should be a nice fit through the shim with no play. I had to replace my shims earlier in the year because of this...

·
Registered
195 Posts
Guys, the OP is talking about his adjustable seat post, not a rear shock.

Try having a look at the service thread for KS mate... There's a step by step how-to in there.

If it still does it after a clean & grease then you might need to replace some parts.

·
Registered
533 Posts
In my experience, a tiny bit of lateral movement is normal. I'm talking about 1-3 mm at the tip of the saddle. Usually that movement is not felt while riding the bike.

Vertical movement is an other story. That usually mean that you have to send it to ks for service. I would give them a call first.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.