Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Merry Christmas!

Well, Santa brought me what I asked for: a Kind 5" travel seat post!

Anyone have one of these? There is assembly required, and the instructions call for silicon grease, "Sticky Honey" brand grease/lubricant, and 30 weight oil. Anyone use standard moly grease in place of the greases? Clearly the oil must be 30w oil, but can something else be used in it's place? I tend to err on the side of getting exactly what the manufacturer is specing, but if someone has any experience with substitutes, I'd love to hear about them.

Thanks! Also, any hints/tips on setting this up?

·
Registered
796 Posts
sitcky honey is the old englund air cartrige grease. It is a very different viscosity than standard park or shimano grease, specifically designed for sliding stantions. Regular grease will not last as long or provide the same protection.

·
Birthday Collector
2,610 Posts
Actually - I think it is "Slick Honey"... At least that is what the jar says that I have in my tool box... And it is slick too...!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Right, Slick Honey...

The reason I ask is because when I took the seat post out of the box, I tried to use teh remote to raise/lower it and it won't budge... Any thoughts as to why that might be?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.