Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking 2 teenagers camping. They like mt biking and standup paddleboarding. We have 3 days to explore on our trip from Spokane to Revelstoke next week.

We've been to new denver and love it...should we just go back or explore something else en-route. Is Kimberly or Invermere or Golden a worthy destination instead?

Kids are mostly xc type riders, not doing bike parks.

Thanks, always appreciate the help from this forum.

·
Registered
7,728 Posts
I just finished a road trip where I rode in both of those areas. In my opinion both towns are really cool places with great riding. However, unless you go over Gray Pass it is a serious drive between the two.

Personally I preferred New Denver just because there is nobody there.

·
roots, rocks, rhythm
A little of this and that........nothing cheap! Try to buy local, which is really hard!
917 Posts
Not sure if you know about this but it is on my list of to ride.
Sol Mountain is suppose to be very sweet little ride that is more xc but it is a bit of a ***** of a drive on logging road to get to but is is South of Revy.
I like New Denver a lot and I go there a lot due to a fiend of mine who happens to live there. They have numerous trails and are adding a few every so often. Butter is quite nice!
I believe Nakusp is adding more trails and the Hot spring are very nice! There is a XC trail from the Hot Springs back to town that is quite good and the scenery is awesome!
But you can't go wrong with Golden or Invermere either! Love the Columbia Valley!

Not sure if that helped........

·
Registered
674 Posts
Moonraker system in golden may be of interest to you.

Can’t speak to the paddle boarding there though. There is whitewater rafting there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.