Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '08 Specialized Pitch Comp and was wondering if I would be able to take that bike to the mountain without any trouble? I went last season and rented their Kona Coiler and was able to do any trail there. Wanted to know if I would be able to do any of the trails I wanted on my Pitch??

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone??

·
Lets RIDE!
1,548 Posts
Hmmm, don't see why not.....I've done most on my hardtail. Just gotta slow down once in a while :)

JZ

·
Registered
286 Posts
well, if you went there last year and seemingly did a number of trails, you should have a good idea of what you can do there with your bike. Loads of people ride the trails there with hardtails, and cheaper FS bikes.

·
Registered
142 Posts
The Pitch is plenty enough to ride everything up at Killington. It may not be as at home on the double blacks as a true DH rig, but a good all-mountain bike like the pitch will handle everything up at Killington and will be very fun on the single diamonds.

There's an article in the May Mountain Bike Action that is about Whistler on a trail-bike and they found that in some ways, the all-mountain bike was more fun to ride even on gravity trails than a dedicated DH bike.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BigAirSkier1580 said:
The Pitch is plenty enough to ride everything up at Killington. It may not be as at home on the double blacks as a true DH rig, but a good all-mountain bike like the pitch will handle everything up at Killington and will be very fun on the single diamonds.

There's an article in the May Mountain Bike Action that is about Whistler on a trail-bike and they found that in some ways, the all-mountain bike was more fun to ride even on gravity trails than a dedicated DH bike.
Thanks for the reply man. Makes me feel better about taking my bike there now. :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts