Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone ride here this season?

If so, can you describe the trails (i.e. DH, technical singletrack, drops, stunts.....).

thanks.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Ive gotta say I like mount snow better......although some of the stuff at Killington is fun, it requires hiking. I think Killington would be funner on a 30-34lb bike, most of what I found there was singletrack...plus a few trails go past the lift. I followed the directions to get back to the lift, ended up a mile away from it. That pissed me off, stupid wrong signs. Its a fun place, but seems more XC oriented.....it'd be different if the race course was open, but its not. The people at mountsnow seem a bit more professional, and they have some sweet trails there......plus you dont have to take fireroads the entire way at snow. You thinking of going to either soon? I think im heading up to Snow most likely tomorrow. There are some trails at Killington that are really tight, with slick roots, as where Snow is fast, with lots of stutter bumps, and a few little drops. All depends how fast you ride, and what trail your on though.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Killington

freeriderB said:
anyone ride here this season?

If so, can you describe the trails (i.e. DH, technical singletrack, drops, stunts.....).

thanks.
While not the sickest DH mountain around, we so have some fun stuff... most of which is not on the map. If you ask the guys in the bike shop you will get the lo down on some sweet tight single trac, but for fun DH runs.. find a local. We have a couple of 6-8 foot drops and a few sweet log rides that are all pretty hidden. We also have a few unmarked wide open Screaming (no pun intended as I ride a Scream) fast runs. The best part is the 2 KILLER private freeride parks nearby that are a perfect way to end the day.

If you are coming up let me know and we can try to hook up. I generally ride midweek, but I might be around this weekend as a Bro of mine is coming down from Toronto for a little riding trip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts