Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any old killer V's out there ? I am rebuilding mine and was wondering if any of you could post a pic or throw out some opinions on the Killer V's in general?

I have had mine almost 15 yrs and I love it! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Not a Killer V, but it's a Delta V :)
My understanding is that Killer Vs never came with the Headshok.
'93 Delta V 700 with upgrades...

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've had my Killer V about 12 years I guess, though all that's left of the original spec is the front mech (Shimano STX, still going strong). I would have loved one with a headshok... that one above looks great. Mine is a small (14"?) which I used for jumps and trials, plus some XC with the saddle pushed right up.

This is mine in its current guise, I don't use it for anything big anymore. I'm thinking of putting a shorter stem on it, mainly because it looks pug-ugly with that one ;)

I'm new here as well btw. Hello.

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow, sweet. I have never seen one so small. I think the smallest one I have seen is 15 inches.That is the same color as mine. I am going to go with an anodized red powder coat. I think it looks sweet. I am also getting cannondale decals that look like carbon fiber.

Thanks for the pics everyone. Please keep em coming. I will post mine when I get finished

·
Registered
48 Posts
I don't think I've ever seen another one so small either! It might be a 15" though, I'm not sure.

I got it cheap way back in 1998 or 1999 when it was already 'last year's model.' I guess I was one of the few to want one so small. They are great bikes though, I absolutely caned that one on jumps, trials, dual slalom, touring (with panniers!), and street for two years or more before I got an Azonic and it is still in one piece.

Your one sounds pretty cool. Are we going to get pictures? Where did you get the Cannondale decals from? The red is such a classic colour for Cannondales of that period, I wish the current range would offer some of the simpler block colours like the older models. Simple and classy!

Are you going to keep yours rigid or put a fork on? I have considered getting a short travel fork for mine just to take the edge off things, but I'm worried it will mess up the handling.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am going with a rigid carbon fiber fork. I got the decals from a guy in England , his store is Decal and Stickers made to Order. I am trying to get a really light weight build.I have carbon bars,seatpost,and fork.I also picked up some spinergy xyclones. I am shooting for around 20lbs. Alll the parts I have weigh in about 17 lbs. I am not sure what the frame weighs. I have to take off the crank(need a puller) and get it to a scale.I should be really close.I will try to post some pics later.
If you get a fork, check on SASO. They make a carbon fiber susp. fork with around 65-80 mm travel.I think it is around $200. It will work perfect and its really light.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Not a Killer V, but it's a Delta V :)
My understanding is that Killer Vs never came with the Headshok.
'93 Delta V 700 with upgrades...
Hey - I have that exact same bike! Looks like you don't have the original fork, or painted it black maybe?

Not sure, but I think maybe Delta's all had 1.5" head tubes, while the Killers all came with the smaller (non-headshok compatible) head tube??

·
Registered
48 Posts
@jhbinal

Very nice. Is that the original colour? Very unique it seems to me. Also, did it come with disc mounts or have you got some kind of cunning adaptor going on at the back? I think I must have got one of the last ones without disc mounts :(

·
Registered
34 Posts
@jhbinal

Very nice. Is that the original colour? Very unique it seems to me. Also, did it come with disc mounts or have you got some kind of cunning adaptor going on at the back? I think I must have got one of the last ones without disc mounts :(
Not the original color...went to the powder coater and picked a stock color, looks even better in person. I used one of those A2Z adapters for the rear...it sucked, had to cut and do all sorts of mods to get it to fit...seems to work well enough though.

·
Registered
77 Posts
A couple of mine... Mind you, one is technically an F1000.

1998 Killer V800
It was originally Patriot Blue, but I stripped and polished it myself a few years back.

1999 F1000, original Purpleen paint (Purple/green flip)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
those are sweet. I love the polished look. Killer V's are such beautiful bikes.
I wanted to go lefty, but I wasnt sure if it would throw off my geo. Guess not. I will have to get an adaptor for the 1 1/8 headset.Maybe in the future
Any idea what they weigh? or what the frame alone weighs?
I said it before but I am really jealous of all these nice bikes!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Killer V 500 polished aluminium with all original parts. I have used it infrequently over the last 14 years. Recently looking to either sell or upgrade it to more of a road bike.

·
Registered
60 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
A slight diversion while we wait for sbarnhart's pics :), does anyone know what the reasons behind the Killer/Delta V design were? I have never seen anything official from Cannondale but looking at them m guess would be having a long seat post tube but also having good standover height... or something.

Or is it just too look cool?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Do you have any more info on the A2Z adapter? Would love to have disks on my V.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts