Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,680 Posts
Have a friend who's traveling up to Rossland for a week of riding the first week of October. She raves about it. She goes and does a week of dirt loven, life decompressing, up there and says the riding is super fun.

Another buddy spent I think 12 days in Fernie a couple years ago doing guided xc rides. Said it was fantastically remote and amazing trail network.

One of these days.....

·
YOUREGO ISNOT YOURAMIGO
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have a friend who's traveling up to Rossland for a week of riding the first week of October. She raves about it. She goes and does a week of dirt loven, life decompressing, up there and says the riding is super fun.

Another buddy spent I think 12 days in Fernie a couple years ago doing guided xc rides. Said it was fantastically remote and amazing trail network.

One of these days.....
Yeah, definitely one of the best trip/places i've evar been.
This was a reconnaissance mission for next years trip which will be a two weeker to probably just one of the towns I visited.
I really was impressed with Nelson and Fernie. Their trail systems, their proximity to lodging, food and all the great bike shops and people i met and rode with, made me wonder why I hadn't been to these places before.
These towns are also winter ski destinations with unreal resorts, terrain and conditions.
I will be back many more times now that I know whats up with our neighbors to the north Eh?
My only complaint is beer is expensive, $28 a 12 pak, $35 for a 15 pak!! and not the tastiest.
Taxed heavily, like cigarets, for the social benefits.
Oh well, everything else outweighs that, so plan accordingly if you go.
Now Stay frosty Y'all
GoGo

Attachments

·
YOUREGO ISNOT YOURAMIGO
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I dream about a trip like this. Thanks for sharing.

Change the privacy settings on your vimeo clip homie.
Thanks' Carl.
Fixed!
I also dreamed of a trip like this and man this trip felt like a dream.
It's so unusual for us bay area types to ride sweet single track without having to worry about the man, the rules, the radar, the hikers, the horsies, that i kept thinking we were poachin something every ride cause it's so ingrained in my system.
But then I remembered were I was and just kept giggling.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.