Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After too many years on a rigid, I am looking to get something full suspension this spring. I want something with no more than 4" and disc brakes; I will only be racing it a couple of times, but one will be a 6 hour event. I am no expert, so I don't need the latest and lightest, which is good b/c I only have about $1500 to spend. I am trying to decide between an 07 Kikapu Delux and a Trek Fuel EX6. Any thoughts/experience/ horror stories about the Kik? I know the response may be biased, but any thoughts are appreciated!

·
Registered
52 Posts
kik's been great to me. Spent many a day longer than 6 hours of riding straight and some pretty intense CC riding!.....Now I have done some upgrades (cranks, BB, brakes, tires) but she's sweet....

·
Registered
696 Posts
Yup, I love my 2005. It's a plent capable XC race machine. Not many parts are stock on mine anymore, but I've done several races on it in the past year. Including one hour sprints, 24hr team efforts, and 80+ mile endurance events.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.